Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

dog died

Old 11-01-2006, 12:44 AM

Default RE: dog died

Anyone who thinks this is "Stuff happens" should do a Google search on "clueless".

WELL JUST DID A SEARCH AND FOUND SOME INTERESTING THINGS. I FOUND THE MOST TRUSTWORTHY, SMART, AND RESPONSIBLE 10 YR OLD MODERATOR OR KID OF ALL TIME. HOPEFULLY WE CAN ALL STRIVE TO SLAM ON ANDPILE ON YOUNGKIDS BECAUSE " I WOULDN'T OF DONE IT LIKE THAT". WELL I GUESS THE ONLY THING LEFT IS TO HIRE A LAWYER AND TRY HIM FOR MURDER OR MAYBE WE SHOULD DO A CIVIL SUIT AGAINST HIM AND THEN WOULDNT NEED ANY SPONSORS ANYMORE.

PS- People only learn from the mistakes they make!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Fork Horn

Sure we all make mistakes. No doubt some people do think they are perfect, but not all of us do. I don't believe that MTdrather is a moron jack@$$!!, and I don't think any of us deserve to be called &96$#@#$, either.I don't think that "Dog guys" love ripping on inexperienced pet owners and new trainers, I don't think anyone here thinks he or she is all high and mighty, and I'm sure we all know that soetimes, "STUFF DOE'S INDEED HAPPEN"That being said, my pointwas that this is something that needs to be treated in a serious manner. Kids and adults need to take responsibility for their four legged friends. If a dog who is confined manages to get free and roam the neighborhood and you track him down and attempt to get him back home, that is resposible dog ownership. If your dog is allowed to run at large and with no supervisio, that is irresponsible dog ownership, likewise if your dog is sick and you don't know what to do for him, then taking him to vet is being responsible, not taking him is just being irresponsible. I believe thateveryone should the basic responsibilitys of owning, and caring for any anjmal they plan to keep. I believe that people should learn everything they can about their pets and animals before you get the animal. Your new pet deserves a home where his basic needs will be met and where he will be tended to abd kept safe. I think that the boy needs to be educated before he gets another dog. Hopefully he will have learned from his mistake and he will be more responsible in the future. Sometimes being a little harsh is neccesaryto get your point across. Coddling him doesn't do anything to help him realize the severity of his mistake, a mistake that he must prevent in the future. I hope that he has learned somthing thru all of this so that it will never happen again. Treating this as nonchalanly as some of you seem to want to is wrong. I simply believe that there is a certain prtocol to be followed when you own an animal, and since that animal depends on you for his very existance, then you need to do right by him. And as for you,NEBHNTR, I can honestly say that when I was growing up I never forgot to clean up my dogs crap, nor did I ever forget to feed him. My old man had a rule. The rule was that the animals always ewere tended to before I was allowed to eat. I raised 2 boys with that same rule. Some people might find this to be a little harsh, but damned if it doesn't work.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:56 AM

IF THERE IS ONE THING WE ALL AGREE WITH IS THAT THIS SHOULDN'T OF HAPPENED. I REALLY DON'T THINK THAT THE KID SHOULD MUCH OF THE BLAME. I THINK MAYBE THE FATHER SHOULD TAKE THE HEAT FOR THIS. HIKENHUNTER YOU MAKE A GOOD POINT ABOUT TEACHING YOUR KIDS RIGHT FROM WRONG AND RESPONSIBILITY, MAYBE IF THIS DAD WOULD OF DONE A BETTER JOB THIS COULD OF BEEN AVOIDED. I DON'T THINK MANY OF US AT THAT AGE WOULD OF CALLED THAT VET IF DAD THOUGHT THE DOG WAS OK AND THEN HOW WOULD YOU GET THE DOG TO THE VET.I'M BETTING HE OR SHE PROBALLY DOESN'T HAVE A DRIVERS LISCENCE AT THAT AGE.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:22 PM

I'm sorry for your loss... It's a terrible thing to lose a dog.

Please, if anything like this ever happens again BEG your parents to take the animal to the vet. If you can't afford to pay the vet ask him if you can clean kennels, sweep up offices, anything. I'm sure most of them will work with you... It breaks my heart that the poor dog laid there alone, all day, to die without a glimmer of hope that someone would help.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

FYI,
Sounds like they did call the vet and had an made an appointment, so maybe the vet after hearing the symptoms might shoulder a little blame.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Spike

Sorry for the loss Buddy, but I was wondering if your pup had all of it's shots. This sounds like Parvo, a friend of mine had a mutt that never got it's shots and it suffered from the same symptoms as your dog, but the vet was able to save the dog after my friend spent about $1200.00. If you get another dog in the future you need to always monitor it's behavior and at first sign of something out of the ordinary, the pup needs to go to the vet. When my friend's dog started getting sick, the vet said if it stops eating and starts throwing up then it is too late to cure Parvo. So it is crutial to let the vet knowif your pup's behavior changes.

Also I hope losing your dog doesn't prevent you from getting another one, just remember what you have learned from this. Everybody needs a good dog.

Good Luck,
T.R.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks like he learned one of the hardest lessons he's going to learn, at the expense of the his dog. [:'(]....you know he's feeling horrible but i can bet it doesnt happen again....sorry for your loss.....
Old 11-08-2006, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: trmckinn

Sorry for the loss Buddy, but I was wondering if your pup had all of it's shots. This sounds like Parvo, a friend of mine had a mutt that never got it's shots and it suffered from the same symptoms as your dog, but the vet was able to save the dog after my friend spent about $1200.00. If you get another dog in the future you need to always monitor it's behavior and at first sign of something out of the ordinary, the pup needs to go to the vet. When my friend's dog started getting sick, the vet said if it stops eating and starts throwing up then it is too late to cure Parvo. So it is crutial to let the vet knowif your pup's behavior changes.

Also I hope losing your dog doesn't prevent you from getting another one, just remember what you have learned from this. Everybody needs a good dog.

Good Luck,
T.R.
you are right,2 MAJOR causes of young dog dieing is PARVO do to owner not getting his shots,also now LYMES is causing it to if no shots..many will not pay vet bills, so dog dies..

next, RAT POISON,thats bigone..young dogs will eat it..i know, mine did..

last, but not health related,HIT BY CAR..
Old 11-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very sorry for your lose [&o] i think you might want to do some sleuthing and see if you can find any rat poisen at your neighbors house if there is a brand new box i would say that they deffinatly had something to do with it!