Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Almost died tonight >

Almost died tonight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Almost died tonight

Old 10-30-2005, 12:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default Almost died tonight

I went out on a scouting/wood cutting trip today Up in the cascade mt. Our late season is getting close And I thought if all you guys can get deer out of tree stands I'll give it a try. Anyway I found a nice funnel area between two clear cuts and hung a tree stand. I got up in it and took a few practice shots With my Falcon at the block target and all was well. This is when it got scary. We went up the mountain and found too nice douglas firs and cut them into rounds and rolled them down to the road. just then a shot rung out and I heard the bullet wiss by my friend and I; it smacked into a tree very near us. We got up to see a white van driving like crazy up the mountain and when he got to us up on top he locked up his brakes and then took off when he saw us. neither of use got a plate number, ( didn't think about it at the time) Wow that was the scariest thing I have seen in a while. Be carfull out there Guy's and gals. God Bless
Old 10-30-2005, 12:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Almost died tonight

BTW,We figure the log rounds rolling off the hill looked like elk butts and he was going to take one from 300+ yards on the run[:@]
Old 10-30-2005, 01:53 AM

Were you guys wearing flo orange?

I'm stump shooting in a no hunting area....I've beenwearing my fluorescent vest...just in case there are some poachers out there....

Scary what happened to you though.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stories like this make my blood boil. Good to hear everyone is fine. If you live in a somewhat small community, I would put the word out that this happen and describe the van. Maybe someone has seen or knows the individuals and you can report them.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

yes we where in Orange
Old 10-30-2005, 07:38 PM

I remember last year a buddy took a friend out muzzleloader hunting and they got shot at I also know a guy who was shot in the arm with a rifle buy a guy in his own hunting party. Also last year when I was bowhunting during the rifle season I had to take cover behind a big tree because two a$$holes decided that they had two unload atleats 4 bullets each on a few does and could hear the bullets zinging through the trees I was scared and mad.So now I either waer a blaze orange hat going to and from stand/blind or when I am out for small game during big game rifle season I also have a small can of boat/air horn in my pack and I I have to me and my recurve will shoot back. Good luck and be safe.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

I know exactly what that sound sounds like. I had a shotgun slug come so close to me i heard that exact whistle noise. The look on my friends face was priceless though. We were just standing on our dirtbike trail opening morning about to pack it up when the shot fired off. About 25 does came running across that cornfield after that shot also.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Typical Buck

i'm glad y'all are alright...hopefully y'all will find out who the scumbag was and give him a lil justice!!
Old 10-30-2005, 11:33 PM

everytime i hear somethin like that i think of last yr up here when that hmong shot those hunters(may they RIP)....never know who is in the same woods with ya or what their motives are....i hate it whendumba** like those have to ruin it for the rest of us
Old 10-31-2005, 01:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep scares the heck out of you,I even have hole in me from my experience

Quick Reply: Almost died tonight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.