Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 Labradoddle- Hypoallergenic Dog. Myth Debunked. >

Labradoddle- Hypoallergenic Dog. Myth Debunked.

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Labradoddle- Hypoallergenic Dog. Myth Debunked.

Old 04-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default Labradoddle- Hypoallergenic Dog. Myth Debunked.

More familiar "hypoallergenic" breeds include Wheaten terriers, POODLES, and Portuguese water dogs. (Incidentally, no cat or dog is truly hypoallergenic. Allergens come from dander, saliva, and urine, NOT FROM HAIR.)

Source- May 2006 National Geographic

Spread the word so more folks aren't suckered into buying these high priced mutts.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Labradoddle- Hypoallergenic Dog. Myth Debunked.

Lost, I agree as I have done a lot of looking into this. My wife and my son are both alergic to dogs and cats. I will say that these dogs (one's with hair, rather than fur) tend to enduce fewer/less severe alergic reactions, but if you're alergic you're alergic and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. As one web site concluded, the only way to truly know if a dog will bother you is to hang out in it's house or rub your face on it's fur.

Our bichon's don't seem to bother my family that much, but it's hard to tell becuase they have other alergies. A short haired dog, though, like my parent's walker hound, will send them both to the hospital. We baby sat our friend's cocker spaniel and it didn't seem to bother them much at all. A friend of ours can't spend more than an hour in our house with out haveing a reaction, eventhough our dogs are supposedly hypo-allergenic. It's funny how people react.