Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 NAVHDA Dog Breeds - Brittany... >

NAVHDA Dog Breeds - Brittany...

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

NAVHDA Dog Breeds - Brittany...

Old 02-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NAVHDA Dog Breeds - Brittany...

Well this thread turned a little ugly. Truth be told, what is your point in all of this? Did your dog fail an HZP or something? Did it go bury the rabbit? Cry me a river.
Don't confuse snobbery with pride. You get out what you put in. I have not been at a test or breed show or a training day where everyone there was not ready and willing to help. There is much pride in the VDD that we have kept all qualities of a drahthaar of old, so you can see it in the new. Especially in these days of political correctness. In parts of Germany, they can't even do dead rabbit drags because of bunny huggers.
Why wouldn't the AKC register a drahthaar? They have washed out the versatile gwp so bad, even the coats are white. But what do they care about the BREED, they are just a breed REGISTRY, not a breed organization.
If you think you can find a better system to guarantee hunting quality dogs, you let me know. Until then, you just sound like sour grapes.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:35 AM

Yeh, yeh, that is what it is....sour grapes......
Old 02-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Interesting perspecting TbT, would you care to elaborate a little?

What is the cause of the sour grapes? Did MTD nail it or is it something else.

This is a forum where different ideas are shared. Obviously, you have an opinion on the subject matter, at least I would like to think so. I for one, am interested in learning what it is as I still don't understand. You have made some statements, but it hasn't given me anything as far as a reason you might feel this way. Am I missing something?

If you are looking to throw darts and stir up the pot, that's fine, but could you do it elsewhere? If not, I am still very interested in understanding where you're coming from.

Cheers,
Old 02-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry
Old 02-20-2006, 03:47 PM

Hey alll!

Haven't been on for a couple of years (different name), but glad to see the board is still going strong.

Of my four brits, two will retrieve ducks and the other two definitely believe anything other than upland birds are beneath their royal highnesses. They all, however, love the water- especially during our New Mexican summers.