Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Best Pointer?

Old 11-17-2005, 07:16 AM

Default RE: Best Pointer?

lol its funny how fast something can get spun out of control well thanks for understanding and not calling me lazy lol
its nice how most people on here are very understanding
Old 11-17-2005, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Jashoffa, LIKE I SAID BEFORE IN MY POST. JUST MY OPINION. AND NO OFFENSE TO YOU GSP AND BRITT GUYS!!! I have hunted over many gsps and britts but i just prefer pointers and setters. I did not tell obby that he had to get a pointer or a setter. i am sorry if i offended you. Just my two cents.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Blueditch42

Jashoffa, LIKE I SAID BEFORE IN MY POST. JUST MY OPINION. AND NO OFFENSE TO YOU GSP AND BRITT GUYS!!! I have hunted over many gsps and britts but i just prefer pointers and setters. I did not tell obby that he had to get a pointer or a setter. i am sorry if i offended you. Just my two cents.
The main thing I was trying to address is the fact that other then telling anyone that reads your post that you like pointers and setters you offered no information to help in Obby's decision.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:52 AM

Ya Know, all the arguing needs to quit, It is all in the up bringing of the puppy. The setter I put in the puppy pics just turned year old, he'll hunt big, or he'll hunt small. Got him at six months, he learned how to handle the cover, because I exposed him to all different things as a puppy, made him get lost, so he'd pay attention to where I was, and this can be done with all breeds.Don't get me wrong, some dogs, for SOME people are better, or easier. It doesn't have to be 3 pages of bickering back and forth. Sounds like we need a big fun trial, for braggin rights. All you guys are doin is scaring the guy about theinitial ques. asked. Thanks Jonesy
Old 11-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Elhwe and Blue I am not even gonna grace your post with a reply.........I one one of each GSP and EP .......Gotta say..My GSP....can hold her own...Sorry Guys....Can't hardly stand a post like that..
Old 11-18-2005, 10:30 AM

Cdover, totally agree, this post is getting way out of hand, All breeds can hold there own, I have seen brits, gsp, and viszla's run off horseback, being little spots in the horizon. You know it is all opinions, the guy needs to find a dog that appeals to his eye, and teach, or have it taught. It is simple. Some dogs have more desire and drive some don't. I will take it to the bank. If foundation is presented properly,any dog will learn how to hunt for and with "mom or dad " Thanks Jonesy
Old 11-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

Jonsesy I agree completely. Diff strokes for diff folks. That is why we have more than one auto manufacturer,gun maker,dog food company. We all have different expactations of what we want from a bird dog. Bird dogs are meant to be enjoyable. Figure out what will work for you and what you like and go with it....
Old 11-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Suprised no one's suggested a Pointing Lab......best of both world's...
Old 11-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

I was going to suggest one but I think obby1 would be better served if he gets a dog that will run bigger than the dog he gets now. That way he can cover more ground and dogs are not working the same area. Now, a big running dog, unless it has a phenomal nose, will miss a bird or two. That's where his lab can pick up.I don't know much about pointing labs but do they honor point? What's their range?
Old 11-18-2005, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes they honor point...their steady to flush, steady to shot. I have a 9 month old yellow pointing lab...sired by DocE's MH Casey. Not sure about the range....but I know from watching Casey at field test's...Doc has him working pretty close.

Quick Reply: Best Pointer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.