Help from FL Hunters Please. >

Help from FL Hunters Please.

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Help from FL Hunters Please.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Help from FL Hunters Please.

Hey all. Well i had a few questions. I live in FL near Miami and this will be my first year ever to go hunting. I was looking into some WMA's and i wanted to ask some questions. Where i want to hunt i will need a regular Quota Permit. I was wondering when will those applications be given out? Also when i sign up for that would i need any permits to be able to sign up for it? and is there anything else i need to fo other than that?

Louis
Old 03-17-2005, 02:43 PM

Default RE: Help from FL Hunters Please.

Hey Newbe, if I remember, we talked on this site last year before the hurricaines. Guessing that you never got out for any of the season based on your post.

Where are you looking at. You can hunt the following WMA'S: Turner River Unit, Bear Island, Three lakes, etc. etc.

As to your question about regular quota permits, all the places that I hunt have them at the gate weather they are "maned" or not. Depending on the size of the hunting area, this is how many permits are available.

If you're talking about special permits and special quota hunts you have to do that by Oct prior to the season.

My guess is that's not what you're talking about.

Leaving today to go hunt Green Swamp WMA on a special Quota. Won't be able to respond to you if you see this before sometime over the weekend. Maybe some else can help you.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: DHF:KYLEN

Hey Newbe, if I remember, we talked on this site last year before the hurricaines. Guessing that you never got out for any of the season based on your post.

Where are you looking at. You can hunt the following WMA'S: Turner River Unit, Bear Island, Three lakes, etc. etc.

As to your question about regular quota permits, all the places that I hunt have them at the gate weather they are "maned" or not. Depending on the size of the hunting area, this is how many permits are available.

If you're talking about special permits and special quota hunts you have to do that by Oct prior to the season.

My guess is that's not what you're talking about.

Leaving today to go hunt Green Swamp WMA on a special Quota. Won't be able to respond to you if you see this before sometime over the weekend. Maybe some else can help you.
Hey DHF yes i do remember talking to u last year during the hurricane time. I was planning on going to Okaloacoochee Slough. But to be able to hunt there i would need to get drawn from a quota permit. And i was just wondering all the stuff i would need to do to be able to hunt that WMA.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Let me help you buddy. This is my 3rd year hunting in Florida. If it;s a drawling quota you need , that is a 'special quota'. They are only available from June 1st - June 10th at usually the place where you buy car tags. At here in Lakeland they are on a table at the county court house.. Take all you want ,but you can only mail in one fre.They must be mailed in by June10th,They are free... It's on hard paper. You can also request a doe permit as well on the same application. You will also need to make a copy of your hunting license and send it in with the application as well. You will choose 2 places to hunt. Most of the time you will get what you want unless it is a very limited area. I hope I was a help.
Chuck
PS I'm going turkey hunting next week after Sunday. I do not have a special quota for the first 2 days. Like the other man told you, I'll pick up a regular quota at the front gate. It's a piece of orange paper so game wardens can keep a count of how many are out there. When you are done hunting you simply put the piece of paper in a box at the gate and drive on home. MAKE SURE YOU DON"T HAVE A LOADED GUN IN THE VEHICLE. YOU WILL BE BURNED.