Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hunting Partner

Old 03-02-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Hunting Partner

My family and I recently moved to Richmond Va. last year from Connecticut and I'm looking for someone to hunt with. I try to go on at least one hunting trip a year. I have been to Canada 5 times for whitetail or Mule deer and I've been out west a few times. Looking to go on an elk hunt in '05 or '06. I also like to duck hunt. My buddy I hunted with in Connecticut no longer lives in the country and none of my family members like to hunt, so if any of you out there are looking for someone to hunt with give me a shout back.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting Partner

Hey there....

Welcome aboard!!!

This is an excellent board with a great group of people on it. Richmond, VA?!? Small world.... I'm in the west end near Regency Mall.

There are a bunch of us VA hunters on the board and I know a few of us have been trying to get a club started. VA HEAD HUNTER is the guy you might want to contact, as he has the info on a club.

Hunting in VA can be tough and frustrating at times, because of the crowds. Lots of private land is already spoken for or posted. The WMA's are okay, but I wouldn't go on a Saturday - if you know what I mean... Most are a bit of a joke anyways and are so over hunted and shot up, it's best to hunt them real early.

The state forests and Jefferson/Washington forests are the best bet, IMHO.

WELCOME!!!

Butch A.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:23 PM

Default RE: Hunting Partner

Hi ButchA, how goes it?
Ive been up to the Rapadan WMA, not too crowded on week days.
Speaking of VA HEAD HUNTER and the hunt club. I havnt heard any thing about it lately. Is he still working it. I'm still very intersted. I bought a new compound bow and made a nice hickory 68" long bow I need to christen. let me know if you've heard anything would you? Thanks.

US Navy Ret.
Bryan