Arkansas report?? >

Arkansas report??

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Arkansas report??

Old 11-23-2004, 07:16 PM

Default Arkansas report??

Hey arkansans how is your huntin??

I have been at camp and just came home to wash and DRY my clothes. i have seen loads of deer and bunches of young bucks. my boy killed one last weekend a 8 pt with good g2's about 8" and a 15 1/2 inside spread. the deer was about 4 1/2. i have had two 8 pts killed that were both 5 1/2 that were very good!

And of course i had some of my eager beaver suburbanite wannabees kill two 1 1/2 Y/O's that were both legal but nothing to be proud of. (thats a topic for another time![:@])

But in south arkansas the deer have been moving very good in spite of the rain. i am just tired of getting wet!

Anybody else got a report? from the looks of my area i am about the only hunter around.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:25 PM

Default RE: Arkansas report??

I hear you about the rain. I had to do the backstroke just to get to my stand yesterday! The deer here have been moving in the middle of the day for the past week. Seeing lots of does and young bucks, but the 6 point I took was the only decent buck I've seen.

I have a friend that hunt's with a club up in Calhoun county and of the 25 members, 10 have taken 8 points or better. I guess the big boys just love those river bottoms.

The hunting has definetly slowed down here. I think just about everybody took the first week of gun season off from work...I've never seen so much hunter's orange in my life!

Good luck the rest of the season. I'm really looking forward to the 3 day "Christmas hunt", and it looks like some really cold weather is in store for this weekend. Maybe it will get the big 'uns to moving.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:58 PM

Default RE: Arkansas report??

Hey rapidcash i might need a boat in the morning!

Yeah i didnt see anything until about 8:30 this morning . the afternoons have been good. i think starting tommorrow it's going to get good. thursday and on will probably be a good time. this cool air will probably help the skitters have been bad and i even had a wasp buzzing around this morning.

well i guess i need to head out so i can get some sleep. good luck.