Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Arkansas?

Old 02-16-2002, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Arkansas?

Anybody want to go shoot some snow geese Mon morning? Leaving early and will be back on Wed. We could use a few more guns. Three day trip and can live on a bucket of chicken. We have 6-7 going now and could use 10. Leaving Southern IL. and going to Jonesboro Arkansas.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Arkansas?

Skipped Arkansas and hunted here with 5 of us. Shot 126 snows,blues,and ross in two days. Making jerky now but had a hell of an end to the waterfowl season. I am a duck man myself and thanks to my friends to turn me on to some geese. I will dream about those big thumps in the mud all year long untill teal season begins.
Old 02-21-2002, 06:41 PM

Default RE: Arkansas?

Hey Light, I know what you mean, If I only lived closer I would have come. In Maryland, resident geese are taking over the fields,ponds and marshes and in doing so there the size on snows. We have an early hunt in sept for 5 days with a 5a day bag limit it gears us up for the migration season which is for 3 weeks, one a day but these birds are big. I got one s season that had a 4'6" wingspand and weighed a solid ten lbs.Duck is great in the back marshes with a sneak boat. My older brother got me hooked when I was 12, of course he made me do all the grunt work, but it was fun and a great experince. Ever in MDduring the season, your welcome to come along.