Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 southern hospitality >

southern hospitality

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

southern hospitality

Old 11-16-2004, 12:40 PM

Default RE: southern hospitality

ORIGINAL: wnogood

AAAAAAAHHHHH the sounds of the TYPICAL sounthern hunting clubs.......

For those of you that have ridiculed and questioned and doubted my post in this forum, I say this.....

THAT $HIT NEVER HAPPENS AT MY CLUB! And it never will as long as I am running it.

Rule number one...RESPECT YOUR FELLOW HUNTER!

Rule number two...SEE RULE NUMBER ONE!

Thats why SOME clubs cost more than others...less members, less problems, MORE fun!

If this post offends you, just keep doing what you are doing.

LX3, I feel for you, I hope you can find a place that appreciates your hard work and thoughtfullness.....and you do NOT have to be an a$$ to be respected.
Well it's good to know my club isn't typical for a southern club .

I must say i agree with your post .

I run my club and always will. if it goes under i'll hunt my land. but i have no intentions of going to some political stab you in the back club . oh and those exist in the south and north. heck in the west and east also!
Old 11-16-2004, 12:57 PM

LOL...tell you what you don't sterotype all southerners in one lump and we won't sterotype you as a damn yankee. I don't know where your from but I'm sure a taxi has never pulled out in front of anyone in New York City. Maybe the reason none of them like you is because you come down here on your high horse thinking you're better than everyone. I had a little sympathy for you at first but after reading your last post you probably deserved it.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:20 PM

Well it's good to know my club isn't typical for a southern club .

I must say i agree with your post .

I run my club and always will. if it goes under i'll hunt my land. but i have no intentions of going to some political stab you in the back club . oh and those exist in the south and north. heck in the west and east also!
soarkrebel do you have any open spots at your club? I told you I went hunting down at Poison springs last weekend. Well I set my stand up friday in a pretty good spot where a good buck had been passing through from his bedding to his feeding area. Well Saturday morning I hear a shot about a 100 yds away and that buck came charging through the woods I couldn't get my scope on him, but I did take a doe Sunday afternoon. I would like to find somewhere private to hunt, if you have any open spots e-mail me at [email protected] and send me some info. I mainly like to bow hunt but I do go gun hunting a few times a year.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:05 AM

hey I never think I am better than anyone else.This that I posted is not just about hunting either.Maybe it just the area we are in.We go out to dinner or just go to the mall and people are so rude.I do service calls for a big company and people walk all over you there also.The GUY THAT did not just pull out in front of me . He just about hit the front of my truck and sat at the light laughing.But I guess I should not have got upset,lol.It just to the point where I plan on this happening it happened again yesterday.I went and helped a guy move a stand and was told we would hunt together on wensday.Well he saw 2 nice bucks yesterday and now he wont take me.iT is so bad I even thought about leaving my family to get out of here.Sorry if I group everyone togehter
Old 11-17-2004, 07:09 PM

Thanks for the support soarkrebel.

The MAIN reason I decided to run my own show was the basis of this topic. I know that deer hunters are a funny bunch. Hell, I am one! That still does not give anyone the excuse to be rude to their hunting buddies. My club has intentionally stayed small so that we can have a limited group of hunters that enjoy not only the hunt, but the comaraderie and fellowship among friends that share the same goals. It really is alot of work, but, when we get ready to go hunting, everyone knows where the other guys like to hunt, so there is very little discussion. Kinda like, " hey, are you going over where you hunted yesterday?" and "Well, I think I'm gonna try that spot that we looked at back in bow season."

Deer hunting is probably 90% luck. All you have to do to get lucky is to go to the woods. A spot that is not lucky for "Bob" one day may be lucky for "Jim" the next. There aint no need in fighting about hunting spots. One rule that we and every club should follow, IF YOU HANG A CLIMBER OR LOCK ON IN A LOCATION, THAT IS YOUR SPOT UNTIL YOU SAY OTHERWISE. Truth is, in my club, we have been known to have 2 hunters buddy hunt close together to improve the odds of a successful hunt and they will both be excited no matter who gets the deer.

Good clubs are not easy to find, but they are out there. Like alot of things in life, you get what you pay for.

Example...which would you rather have?

(1) 3000 acres, 35 members, $500.00 each

(2) 3000 acres, 10 members, $2000.00 each

Example 2 would be the better choice. If you can afford it, not only is there more land per member, but in my experience, people who pay more to hunt, are less likely to be the bickering fussing type.

Just my opinion....
Old 11-18-2004, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm....a yankee moving to NORTH Carolina....I wonder what Freud would've said about that....
Old 11-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

What a bunch of B.S. I am sure this will step of someones toes but oh well!!!!!!!
You see, right there is where it all starts. Why even come into this forum and post someting like that. You are just asking for trouble. Is there any posts in the Northern region forums complaining about how horrible the north is? Didn't think so, but I imagine there are countless stories that could compare with yours from not only the south or north but all over the World. Don't come in here knocking on the southern hospitality just b/c you happened to be in a an area where you are not accepted. Go cry somewhere else, you won't get any sympathy here. I think you just need to nut up and get 'r done if you want something to change, otherwise go tell your sob story somwhere else.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:01 PM

SWINETIME most of my folks are pretty solid but it seems every year we lose one for whatever reason. i'll keep you in mind. are you going back down there to hunt anymore?
maybe we could meet and i could show you a map and show you some decent areas that are gov't land . there are a few small tracts of gov't land that don't get hunted alot especially later in the season.

wnogood i would opt to pay more and have less folks. i let a few talk me into taking three more than usual and already i see a few of those seeing what i mean't by the fewer the better. but even with that i have areas that aren't getting hunted.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:08 PM

ORIGINAL: MILLERTIME10

What a bunch of B.S. I am sure this will step of someones toes but oh well!!!!!!!
You see, right there is where it all starts. Why even come into this forum and post someting like that. You are just asking for trouble. Is there any posts in the Northern region forums complaining about how horrible the north is? Didn't think so, but I imagine there are countless stories that could compare with yours from not only the south or north but all over the World. Don't come in here knocking on the southern hospitality just b/c you happened to be in a an area where you are not accepted. Go cry somewhere else, you won't get any sympathy here. I think you just need to nut up and get 'r done if you want something to change, otherwise go tell your sob story somwhere else.
good post.............................
Old 11-19-2004, 05:00 PM

Sympathy I will give. I do feel for the man. I will not, however give sympathy based on the assumption that this sorta thing only happens in the south. Internet forums are a good place to offer up one's opinion, if yours is different from mine, no biggie. I will not attack someone nor will I allow someone to attack me over an opinion.

The guy just posted in the heat of anger. He was pissed, I would have been too.

It's all good!

Quick Reply: southern hospitality

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.