HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - southern hospitality
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 07:09 PM
wnogood

Default RE: southern hospitality

Thanks for the support soarkrebel.

The MAIN reason I decided to run my own show was the basis of this topic. I know that deer hunters are a funny bunch. Hell, I am one! That still does not give anyone the excuse to be rude to their hunting buddies. My club has intentionally stayed small so that we can have a limited group of hunters that enjoy not only the hunt, but the comaraderie and fellowship among friends that share the same goals. It really is alot of work, but, when we get ready to go hunting, everyone knows where the other guys like to hunt, so there is very little discussion. Kinda like, " hey, are you going over where you hunted yesterday?" and "Well, I think I'm gonna try that spot that we looked at back in bow season."

Deer hunting is probably 90% luck. All you have to do to get lucky is to go to the woods. A spot that is not lucky for "Bob" one day may be lucky for "Jim" the next. There aint no need in fighting about hunting spots. One rule that we and every club should follow, IF YOU HANG A CLIMBER OR LOCK ON IN A LOCATION, THAT IS YOUR SPOT UNTIL YOU SAY OTHERWISE. Truth is, in my club, we have been known to have 2 hunters buddy hunt close together to improve the odds of a successful hunt and they will both be excited no matter who gets the deer.

Good clubs are not easy to find, but they are out there. Like alot of things in life, you get what you pay for.

Example...which would you rather have?

(1) 3000 acres, 35 members, $500.00 each

(2) 3000 acres, 10 members, $2000.00 each

Example 2 would be the better choice. If you can afford it, not only is there more land per member, but in my experience, people who pay more to hunt, are less likely to be the bickering fussing type.

Just my opinion....