Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Va... Season is almost here.!!!! >

Va... Season is almost here.!!!!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va... Season is almost here.!!!!

Old 09-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Va... Season is almost here.!!!!

Hey who here is ready for next Sat and who here isnt LOL!!!!

I have been ready since the First Saturday in Jan!!! Bit thats just me...Hopfully the weather will hold.. they are saying its suppose to cool off more next week!!!!

Where is everyone hunting next Saturday??
Old 09-22-2004, 10:27 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Default RE: Va... Season is almost here.!!!!

Well I've been so busy I havn't done the things I swore I would do to be ready. I've only practiced a few shots, but I use a crossbow now so really that doesn't take as much practice. I have spent some time with my older son having him practice but he's a couple years away from bow hunting. I did some scouting in the form of squirrel hunting and am definately looking forward to opening day. I've got a new spot I want to try my luck. Hell even if I just sit in a tree all day and don't see a deer it'll be a welcome break from the pace I've been keeping lately.

David
Old 09-23-2004, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have been shooting quiet a bit, but no scouting yet, will probably just go sit in the woods and take my chances. i know for sure i will not be out on saturday tho, my neck of the woods the season does not open until 2 Oct.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:05 PM

Got to attach my climber to a tree. Not sure which one yet. We have good trailcam pics of a nice 10 ptr. This year I noticed the acorn crop where we hunt is spotty. Some areas producing well and some not. I guess that is good. Just get near the white oaks are right. Good luck...heres hoping for a cold front.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh yeah, man.... I'm ready! [8D]

I'm going to sneak out this weekend and do some real hard scouting too. I have to really be careful of the wind and scent more than ever too. I know exactly the trees I am going to use in two prime locations.

I CAN'T WAIT!

Butch A.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm too poor for a bow!

I'll be chasing tree rats and turkeys around until November 13th. But that gives me plenty of time to do some heavy scouting while I'm out.

Hey, where do we stand with a possible lease? I haven't seen much activity in the other thread lately. I don't want to give up until I know for sure, but it seems like we're probaby running out of time.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

i got a big doe(90 lbs) last saturday in a urban archery zone. i saw 16 does and only 2 bucks. i was scary in my climber w/ 40 mile hr wind gusts(ivan). i heard 3 trees fall around me and they are loud!!

http://167.206.135.118/cgi-bin/ultim...c&f=1&t=007527
Old 09-23-2004, 09:30 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

last year I spent several weeks trying to find a place to hunt the early season, but no luck. I even spent a few evenings going door to door and I finally just gave up. Such is life.

David
Old 09-24-2004, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

I'm going scouting tommorow for the upcoming annual dismal swamp deer hunt. We can hunt on the refuge every Friday and Saturday in October for the most part. The deer hunt wasn't held at all last year due to hurricane Isabelle so hopefully I'll have a chance at a nice size deer. I too will be hunting tree rats in between my hunting weekends.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dpv

last year I spent several weeks trying to find a place to hunt the early season, but no luck. I even spent a few evenings going door to door and I finally just gave up. Such is life.

David
I know how that is.... [&o] I gave up with the private land aspect. It is non-existent in the greater Richmond vicinity and outlying counties.

I cruised Amelia, Powhatan, Cumberland, and Goochland counties. I saw the posted signs and hunt club signs. Some had a guy's name listed and a phone number. Great, you know.... ? So, I wrote everything down and all these names and phone numbers. I called the numbers and very nicely, politely, respectfully, introduced myself and inquired about the hunt club and membership openings. Long story short: ....NOT! [:-] All the clubs are booked up and are not taking new members. It was suggested that the best thing to do is drive further out west towards Bedford or Amherst counties, out towards Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Mts areas and find private land out there.

Or, suck it up and continue with the WMA's, state forests, state parks, etc....

Butch A.

Quick Reply: Va... Season is almost here.!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.