To all Florida Hunters >

To all Florida Hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

To all Florida Hunters

Old 09-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default To all Florida Hunters

Well hey guys im new to hunting in FL. I hunt with bow, and Rifle currently looking for someone from Miami to About Ocala to share a great time in the outdoors and learn from each other.Will make some sacrifice to go up as far north as possible which wont be 2 much trouble . If anyone is intrested in trying to set up a hunt in some Pub. land well do. Thanks all for taking some time to read this reply. See u guys around. Write back.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:52 PM

Default RE: To all Florida Hunters

hows it goin, been livin here for 20 yrs real hard to find places to hunt. just wanna quit sometimes but its in my blood. Ive been looking all year ,didnt feel like filling iut applications this year. Last time i ended up in the blackwater wma and it wasnt to hot and alot of hunters,seems like that on most wmas.. Like to buy some land and start my own huntcamp wouldnt that be sweet! GOOD LUCK FINDING APLACE AND HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

I second the good luck finding a place to hunt in Florida, with all the red tape to get a permit & then the damm hurricanes it seems like we can not win. I lost my lease this year & me & my three friends are trying to buy some land, but not having much luck.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

HAW!!

Seems like there is alot of us in the same situation. Been here 7 years or so, and yes there are alot of people who hunt the WMAs most do not hunt deep into them where the critters run and hide.

But between Charles n Frances n Jeanne, there won't be any hunting for me, too many things to repair

Good luck to y'all.... and stay dry
Old 09-29-2004, 08:25 AM

I am moving down to Florida in September next year and find it interesting that you talk about how hard it is to find a spot to hunt. Here in Virginia, especially Northern Virginia, we have to drive for 1 to 2 hours to get to a small WMA and sometimes it is hard to get a parking spot there are so many folks.

My reading of Florida shows how many WMAs there are. Sure, some of them seem small and many have limited access permits. But is it really that hard to either get a permit and/or find game once you have one?

If the game is that hard to find it is a sign that the sites are either over hunted (reduce the permit numbers) or under managed (open up browse areas and do other things to keep the game from wandering elsewhere during hunting season.)

Chubber
Old 09-29-2004, 05:35 PM

Big man, I think I've talked to you on this board before. Look, don't let the posts scare you, there are lots and lots of places to hunt in Florida. You'll only be limited to your bank account getting you there and back, and the cost of food while there.

You're in Miami, still not a problem big man. But, you'll have to travel alittle due to the everglades and suburban sprawl.

Have you gone on My Florida dot com? If you need the site link just let me know. You can get all the information for free about all the FREE places to hunt in Florida.

Getting ready to set up a dove hunt for my kids on some private land, knock on wood. Hope it works out. Let me know if you're interested. My father has a neighbor that has land and hogs and they want them GONE, GONE, GONE. Will try and set that up too. I for one want to get a hog or 4.or more

Had plans on deer hunting, but the hurricanes killed that for me down here. Will have to settle for my leases in Alabama and Georgia. Yeah baby, there will be meat in the freezer this year.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know much about hunting in FL, but if is as bad as your posts suggest then why not spend a few bucks on a non-resident license in GA, drive a few miles and take advantage of 1,000,000 acres of WMA as well as 800,000 acres of National forest and have a ball! 12 Deer, 1 Bear and 3 Turkey on one tag for less than your lease will cost!
Old 10-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm with dhf on this one. i've lived in florida 26 years and have more places to hunt than time to hunt. i live in lake county (central florida) and i hunt approximately 20 wma's that i hunt. last year me and my hunt'n buddies pulled numerous bucks out of these area's. one buck was a 12 pointer that weighed approximately 180 pounds. the area's are here, you just have to spend time in the woods and scout.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Coastie

I don't know much about hunting in FL, but if is as bad as your posts suggest then why not spend a few bucks on a non-resident license in GA, drive a few miles and take advantage of 1,000,000 acres of WMA as well as 800,000 acres of National forest and have a ball! 12 Deer, 1 Bear and 3 Turkey on one tag for less than your lease will cost!

Look, Florida hunting is outstanding, bottom line. I'm not really getting what all the fuss is about. We have it all down here. For me I only got a lease, 2 really becuase of my father. 66yrs old, and he always wanted one. I personally just enjoy being out there. For me the perfect hunt is just spending time with my kids, father and friends. Don't get me wrong, I love taking game and eating it. But for me it's not the end all.

And to the limits in GA, I hope to come close. I love jerky, I love jerky alot.