Virginia question >

Virginia question

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia question

Old 12-03-2003, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default Virginia question

I just had a question I needed a little help with. I had a great muzzleloading season this year and when Dec. 13th arrives and the special late season opens, does that mean you can shoot either sex just like in the early season or do I have to go by the firearms rules and just the last six days. I live and hunt in KING WILLIAM county, east of Richmond, if someone could clear this up for me it would be greatly appreciated. I usually put the blackpowder gun away after the regular firearms season starts, but I would much rather hunt with the blackpowder gun if I could shoot either sex with it on the 13th.

thanks,
Old 12-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Virginia question

PJ,
Virginia does not have a late ML season per se east of the Blue Ridge except in Amherst, Bedford, Campbell, Franklin, Henry, Nelson, Patrick, Pittsylvania, Fredrick Counties and cities of Chesapeake and Va Beach. In other localities east of the Blue Ridge, ML hunting after the early season must be according to regulations of the General Firearms Seasons, therefore either sex hunting in King Wm after Dec 13 would be limited to the last six days of hunting.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Virginia question

thanks, I just couldn't seem to understand what they meant in the regulations book