Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Oklahoma Bass Pro >

Oklahoma Bass Pro

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Oklahoma Bass Pro

Old 11-22-2003, 06:18 PM

Default Oklahoma Bass Pro

Hey guys, did anyone go to the new Bass Pro in Oklahoma city yet? I cant believe they opened the store on opening weekend of Rifle season. Im going to try and go tomorrow afternoon since its suppose to be nasty weather, but i wanted to see what someone thought of it first.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Oklahoma Bass Pro

Why waste a day of hunting (bad weather or not) go hunting bass pro will be there when season is over.
Not real smart in my book to open up on the day before deer season starts.
The last time I was in brick town parking was a nightmare. I dont know if I want to go back.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:37 PM

Im sure parking will still be bad. I still havnt decided if i wanna go or not, im hunting all morning, and with this front comin through it should be good, but ive got deer this year, im just fun huntin now, and rain and snow and 30 degrees dont sound too appealing. lol. But, it might be cool. I wonder what its going to do to all the smaller businesses. I work over at Oklahoma Archery and Mark(the store manager) says he doesnt think it will affect service sales, but that it will probably effect merchandise sales.
Old 11-23-2003, 12:49 AM
Fork Horn

Must be something they like to do. They opened the one down here in Bossier City, La. on opening day of duck season. If yours is anything like this one, forget about for 3 months and then go. Unless of course you like to imagine yourself as a sardine. I peeped in the front door and decided nothing could be worth that crowd. And it will only get worse till after Christmas.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:29 PM

Well i went today. The store is pretty cool i guess. It was packed! But not as bad as i thought it would be. I didnt buy anything, but they had some pretty cool stuff. Some of the mounts were thrown together but some others were really neat. I left the house at 2, and was at atwoods in Norman by 3. Went down, filled my feeder, and was at my buddy house fixing alligator and venison by 4:30. lol. But, it was cool, i think it will settle down fast though.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:12 PM

Yeah I went there great store, lousey parking.Wish they would of put it in a diffrent part of OKC.It was packed too!!! Got my stuff and ran.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:07 PM

I went back the other day, it was a little better. The parking was still bad and there were still a lot of people, but it should be better here pretty soon.