VA Hunters, check this out.....

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA Hunters, check this out.....

Old 10-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default VA Hunters, check this out.....

Hey there....

Let' s hope this works. I used a site that shows aerial photos of any address and location, so a while back, I entered in the address to the farm I have permission to hunt on. This is in northern Virginia near Warrenton. It' s a slender strip of farmland with woods in the far back of it. I have permission to get all the " pesky resident Canadian Geese" that I legally can, and also can hunt deer and turkey in the woods in back.

The pond belonging to the adjacent farm (bottom of photo) leads into a small stream, which runs through the woods. The square block near the woods is some weird kind of Virginia Power utility thing. It' s not transformers or generators, but it' s something that they use. Whatever... To the right (East) of the photo is the adjacent farm owner, who I heard is somewhat of an ANTI [:@] and if I shoot a deer and it runs over to his farm, " there will be hell to pay" (yeah, right...)

It' s a great piece of land to hunt with endless possibilities! [8D] By looking at the photo, where would you concentrate first? I like the area just south near the VA Power utility thing, that overlooks the stream. There is a big fallen oak tree surrounded by other oaks too. But if the wind isn' t right, I' ll get busted. [:' (] The countless geese in the other fields are stupid. They don' t care and just sit there looking for breadcrumbs. Waltz into the field, 2 geese per day limit..... BLAM BLAM.... Done! [:-]

What do you think of this farm as a deer/turkey/goose hunting area?

Butch
Old 10-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: VA Hunters, check this out.....

looks like a great place. What is the site for the aerial photos?
Old 10-28-2003, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used Mapquest.... http://www.mapquest.com

I entered in the exact street address for the property, and it showed me a sketch of it, with a button on the top called " Aerial Photo" . I clicked into that and SHAZAMM! It pulled up a detailed photo with zoom capability too! [8D]

Butch
Old 10-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Based on what I see I would for sure hunt right above the circle" Va Power thing" deer will use those little skinny thin strips of woods between two fields. Also that little strip of woods going from deer bedding to geese, right in that corner of the woods to the strip. That creek bottom may carry alot of ?traveling deer and should not be overlooked at all for stand placement. My 2 cents of course.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

They didn' t have an aerial available for my location!
Old 10-30-2003, 04:39 AM

WOW..That' s pretty cool! I jut pulled up where I live. Of course it' s all house and apartments. I was looking for the Six pointer that I saw the other morning!!1
Old 10-30-2003, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Based on what I see I would for sure hunt right above the circle" Va Power thing" deer will use those little skinny thin strips of woods between two fields. Also that little strip of woods going from deer bedding to geese, right in that corner of the woods to the strip. That creek bottom may carry alot of ?traveling deer and should not be overlooked at all for stand placement.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Looks like a natural funnel which is hard to beat.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW..That' s pretty cool! I jut pulled up where I live. Of course it' s all house and apartments. I was looking for the Six pointer that I saw the other morning!!1
lol!