Sunday Hunting >

Sunday Hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday Hunting

Old 07-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Wouldn't this same comment apply to you? The problem is, not every hunter in VA gets to hunt on Sunday. It only applies to private land with land owner permission. Hunters that hunt public or federal land and those that hunt private land on which the land owners won't allow Sunday hunting are still shut out. What about those hunters? What are you doing for them in VA? Or do you even care that they can't enjoy the same hunting days that you do?

What VA did is a good start, but if it isn't applied on a statewide basis on all lands in the Commonwealth then all it does is discriminate against a lot of hunters.
Flags the first step was to get Sunday Hunting on private land.....
Things take time and we ( the hunters ) fought long and hard to get Sunday Hunting on the books....even if it's only on private land....
And within a year or two when the public sees that the world didn't end because people are hunting on Sundays ALL public land in Virginia will be open to Sunday Hunting....

Last edited by brewman555; 07-12-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
Flags the first step was to get Sunday Hunting on private land.....
Things take time and we ( the hunters ) fought long and hard to get Sunday Hunting on the books....even if it's only on private land....
And within a year or two when the public sees that the world didn't end because people are hunting on Sundays ALL public land in Virginia will be open to Sunday Hunting....
you think?
here it was all the rules they put in when sunday hunting was passed in wv
1) only sunday hunting during defined seasons, so groundhog and coyote hunting was out because they don't have a defined season
2) no sunday hunting if another season opens on Monday, so all our big game seasons open on Monday. in the fall its
bow season, turkey season, trapping season, buckseason for 2 weeks, doe season, bear season, muzzleloading season, late doe season, all coming in on back to back Mondays, so you had 1 extra day of buckhunting, one extra day of bear hunting, and 2 sundays to spring gobbler hunt. hoorah!
RR

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 07-12-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
you think?
here it was all the rules they put in when sunday hunting was passed in wv
1) only sunday hunting during defined seasons, so groundhog and coyote hunting was out because they don't have a defined season
2) no sunday hunting if another season opens on Monday, so all our big game seasons open on Monday. in the fall its
bow season, turkey season, trapping season, buckseason for 2 weeks, doe season, bear season, muzzleloading season, late doe season, all coming in on back to back Mondays, so you had 1 extra day of buckhunting, one extra day of bear hunting, and 2 sundays to spring gobbler hunt. hoorah!
RR

Thats West Virginia .....

This is Virginia......
Old 07-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

Wouldn't this same comment apply to you? The problem is, not every hunter in VA gets to hunt on Sunday. It only applies to private land with land owner permission. Hunters that hunt public or federal land and those that hunt private land on which the land owners won't allow Sunday hunting are still shut out. What about those hunters? What are you doing for them in VA? Or do you even care that they can't enjoy the same hunting days that you do?

What VA did is a good start, but if it isn't applied on a statewide basis on all lands in the Commonwealth then all it does is discriminate against a lot of hunters.
Hope you have fun in the state you are going to. Sorry the initial effort does not meet your standards but several hundred people pushed for many years to get this much. Glad we did not have your style of leadership or we would not even have gotten that. One battle won but a war is still on. If you think it is over then maybe it is good you are leaving this great state.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by vapahunter
If you think it is over then maybe it is good you are leaving this great state.
I'm already gone (Thank God since I hated that place!) and VA isn't a state, it is a Commonwealth which is one of the reasons it has such screwy laws in the first place. While I will never hunt VA again, because other states have much better hunting and less regulation, I still have concern for those that are being discriminated against by VA. Do you?

Until it is passed on a statewide basis it is a flawed law! I realize you don't care because you have private land to hunt but what about those that don't? Do you care about them or does your concern stop at your own door? What about all the members of the military that are in VA? How many of them do you think have access to private land that will allow them to hunt on Sunday? Have you extended an invitation to any so they can hunt on Sunday on the same property you hunt? I'm willing to bet a month's retirement check that you haven't. You will get yours and don't care if others can get theirs.

Have fun hunting in VA this fall. I'll kill more game and do it under less regulation where I am than you will in the Old Dominion. And when the old powers figure out a way to remove Sunday hunting again because it isn't a statewide law, who will you cry to? They are already trying to figure out a way to do it and it is only a matter of time before they come up with a plan and push it through. Allowing it statewide is the only way to prevent that but you're too narrow minded to see that. Hunters will be divided because many will not benefit from the law as it stands now. If it comes to a statewide vote, why would they support Sunday hunting is they can't participate? Bottom line, they won't.

As I have said many times, it is a good start, but it needs to go statewide. You obviously don't agree because the only hunter you're concerned about is yourself and for that reason I find you contemptible.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

Glad to see you are gone to bother other people. If you hate is so much why are you still disparaging those who stay here and fight for all hunters. You assume the fight is over proving yourself wrong again. You did not fight to get this far and have run from the rest of the fight. Good lick in Florida, Alabama or where ever you land. Their gain of you as a hunter is not a loss for us. Hope you enjoy yourself in a state because others there will not enjoy you.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

I'm already gone (Thank God since I hated that place!) and VA isn't a state, it is a Commonwealth which is one of the reasons it has such screwy laws in the first place. While I will never hunt VA again, because other states have much better hunting and less regulation, I still have concern for those that are being discriminated against by VA. Do you?

Until it is passed on a statewide basis it is a flawed law! I realize you don't care because you have private land to hunt but what about those that don't? Do you care about them or does your concern stop at your own door? What about all the members of the military that are in VA? How many of them do you think have access to private land that will allow them to hunt on Sunday? Have you extended an invitation to any so they can hunt on Sunday on the same property you hunt? I'm willing to bet a month's retirement check that you haven't. You will get yours and don't care if others can get theirs.

Have fun hunting in VA this fall. I'll kill more game and do it under less regulation where I am than you will in the Old Dominion. And when the old powers figure out a way to remove Sunday hunting again because it isn't a statewide law, who will you cry to? They are already trying to figure out a way to do it and it is only a matter of time before they come up with a plan and push it through. Allowing it statewide is the only way to prevent that but you're too narrow minded to see that. Hunters will be divided because many will not benefit from the law as it stands now. If it comes to a statewide vote, why would they support Sunday hunting is they can't participate? Bottom line, they won't.

As I have said many times, it is a good start, but it needs to go statewide. You obviously don't agree because the only hunter you're concerned about is yourself and for that reason I find you contemptible.
Send the check then because I have already invited 3 people to hunt with me this year. Sorry you are again the loser but not the biggest one.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VA5326
I'll see you all in the woods on Sundays this fall.

VA

Not in PA you won't. Sunday hunting is on the slow train , but it's coming.....
Old 07-14-2014, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

You finding me let alone anyone else contemptible is really something that will bother no one ever. By the way what have you done to improve hunting for others? Let me guess NOTHING.

Waiting for that check or will that not happen either from you Mr Flags?
Old 07-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by vapahunter
You finding me let alone anyone else contemptible is really something that will bother no one ever. By the way what have you done to improve hunting for others? Let me guess NOTHING.

Waiting for that check or will that not happen either from you Mr Flags?

Looks like he bothered you quite a bit, as you keep coming back ranting and ranting, LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.