Sunday Hunting >

Sunday Hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday Hunting

Old 07-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Sunday Hunting

Today is the first Sunday that it is legal to hunt in Virginia with many more to come. Thank you to all that did the hard work to accomplish this.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

we had sunday hunting in wv, for big game the way they had the rules wrote up we got 1 more day of deer hunting and 1 day of bear hunting, it was voted out after a couple years
RR
Old 07-07-2014, 04:16 AM
Typical Buck

To me voting it out would be a big lose to hunters.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

well, the way I looked at it , we have 24 days to deer hunt, the most you can tag 3 bucks and4 does, if you can't tag out in 24 days, 25 ain't gonna help much.
RR
Old 07-07-2014, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

Aren't you so happy that every hunter in the state has your hunting ability and the same great land to hunt on. If so I guess all hunters limit out each year like you do.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I support increased Sunday hunting.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cannot remember when hunting on Sunday was not allowed here in Al. As far as "tagging out" .... the county I hunt has a 3 buck limit/season, one of which must have at least 4 points on one side ... and the doe limit is 2/day from Oct. 15 through Jan. 31. That is almost unheard of in other parts of the US.

The land I hunt is very good habitat and loaded with deer. DNR biologist surveyed where we hunt this off season and recommends we double our doe take. I'd say if I go 10 days, I should be able to put frm 2 to 5 does in the freezer. I usually look for one decent buck/season. Some years I go "buckless", like 2012-13, but keep my freezer filled with doe meat.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Meat is meat Mojotex! Enjoy yer venison this year!
Old 07-12-2014, 04:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Aren't you so happy that every hunter in the state has your hunting ability and the same great land to hunt on.
Wouldn't this same comment apply to you? The problem is, not every hunter in VA gets to hunt on Sunday. It only applies to private land with land owner permission. Hunters that hunt public or federal land and those that hunt private land on which the land owners won't allow Sunday hunting are still shut out. What about those hunters? What are you doing for them in VA? Or do you even care that they can't enjoy the same hunting days that you do?

What VA did is a good start, but if it isn't applied on a statewide basis on all lands in the Commonwealth then all it does is discriminate against a lot of hunters.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

I'll see you all in the woods on Sundays this fall. Finally, put one on the board for Fathers (and Mother) and Grandparents and other family getting to spend one more day in the woods with their kids. This has been a long time coming and whether you agree with it or not, Sunday hunting will further the family bond and hunting. Here's to an extra day in the woods on the weekends with your kids, family and friends. I know I mentioned that more than once in my post, but in the end that's what it's really all about and it deserves an honorable mention. Be safe.

VA

Last edited by VA5326; 07-12-2014 at 07:15 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.