Hogs in Tennessee >

Hogs in Tennessee

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hogs in Tennessee

Old 06-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Spike

Default Hogs in Tennessee

I'm considering getting a lease in Tennessee and I was wondering how the hog problem is down there? I'd like to get it to hunt whitetails, but I read a news report from a few years back about the hogs and was wondering if there are still a lot around?
Old 06-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Spike

I'm guessing, due to the lack of response, that the hogs aren't a problem down there anymore?
Old 06-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Spike

Well I'm not from Tennessee and don't often make it up that way but from what I can tell hogs have been a problem there and as we've seen in Florida and Texas that problem usually just keeps getting worse. Hogs are quite a nuisance but they are a lot of fun to hunt and are nice to go after when it's not deer season.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Spike

The landowner told me that the state came in and tried wiping them out. He said there aren't really that many any more, but I didn't know if he was feeding me a load of bull so I thought if ask people on here and see what they know about it. Do you know how they effect deer in the area? Like if they spook the mature bucks out of the hunting grounds? I've never hunted a state that had hogs so I'm new to all this
Old 06-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Where in TN are you looking at? Some parts have plenty while others have none!
Old 06-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Spike

The place I'm looking at is in Overton county. I read that the laws were changed in that county and a few others have been adjusted to allow dogs to hunt them down. I'm guessing that means they are pretty bad there?
Old 06-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

Yes they are bad there.

Piss on the state, hogs show up on my land & it's ANYTIME, ANY MEANS & PILEM UP til no more are seen!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Spike

Thanks for giving me a heads up before I signed the lease! I completely agree with your view point. If they are overpopulating the areas and cause all kid of problems shoot em all!
Old 06-16-2014, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

Most folks just don't realize how quickly wild pigs can spread. They are sexually mature at 4-6mths of age, their gestation period is only 3.5mths & their litters avg 4-6 piglets with 8-10+ being possible. Once mature, man is essentially a pigs ONLY predator! Feral hogs can DOUBLE THEIR POPULATION IN ONLY 2 MONTHS!!!

Their ONLY saving grace is that they ARE delicious!
Old 09-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ddlyrfl
I'm considering getting a lease in Tennessee and I was wondering how the hog problem is down there? I'd like to get it to hunt whitetails, but I read a news report from a few years back about the hogs and was wondering if there are still a lot around?
I'm in Mid-Tn and haven't heard of much hogs at all at-least around the middle. Although I could be wrong. I heard a few years back that someone let some out in a county next to mine though again I haven't heard of much. Look this link up about it in Tn.
http://www.tn.gov/twra/article/wild-hog-regulations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.