Weeki Wachee WMA >

Weeki Wachee WMA

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Weeki Wachee WMA

Old 12-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Weeki Wachee WMA

I got drawn for an archery hunt in the new Weeki Wachee Wma for mid Feb. and was wonderin if anyone had any info on this Wma and when the rut occurs in this area...Thanks.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Spike

The rut is the same as green swamp. January-ish.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Luv2KilFish
The rut is the same as green swamp. January-ish.
Thanks for the info...i was able to make it out there n scout...place is purty thick but seems to be a good amount of deer in there...
Old 01-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Spike

I was able to get drawn for the january hunt and wont be out there till the day before to scout around. How are the woods around there( swampy alot of oaks or pines)? did you find any acorns? any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-03-2014, 06:12 AM
Spike

The woods are thick in most places. There are a few pine blocks to the north. They recently carved trails through it. Most of the water is down. You will have no problem finding oaks. Most of the oaks don't have a lot of acorns. There were a ton of ticks this summer but the cold may get rid of them. Walking around I saw a bunch of large hogs, 2 black bears, and some nice bucks in velvet. I don't know anyone that was drawn so I don't know how the hunting has been. You will have to do a bunch of walking because you can't drive anywhere.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Spike

Thanks for the reply! im sure itll be a good hunt planning on hunting hard saturday sunday and monday, then have to return home for work.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Spike

Well i made it out there yesterday and scouted from 10-6 brought the bikes and tried to get off the beaten path. pretty thick as stated before. Didnt see any animals but found a decent amount of rubs and a couple good ones. have a couple go to spots for when the hunt starts but no real honey holes.