Va, beware of the Gun-Grabbers

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va, beware of the Gun-Grabbers

Old 12-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Va, beware of the Gun-Grabbers

http://virginiashootingsportsassocia...o-make-it.html

Hunters need to be aware of this.. We are one if not the largest stockholder in gunright in the state.
We all need to contact our Senator/Delegate before these bills hit the VaGA and voice our opinion.
The Daily Progress summarized their proposals:...
The group recommended a special warrant that would allow police to remove firearms from the possession of people authorities believe to be a danger to themselves or others. Additionally, the consortium proposed a new civil restraining order process could allow citizens to petition the court for the temporary removal of firearms from friends or family members who are considered at that time to be dangerous, according to the report.
Other high-risk populations targeted by the consortium's recommendations include people with histories of substance abuse and domestic violence.
Another recommendation temporary bars anyone convicted of a violent misdemeanor; a temporary domestic violence restraining order placed on them; or multiple DUI, DWI or controlled substance convictions in the past five years from purchasing or possessing firearms.
“We are looking not just at mental illness, but at elevated risk,” Horwitz said. “We also need to look at meaningful prohibitions for people who are at increased risk for other reasons.”
So who gets to decide the people at an "elevated risk"? You guessed it - the gun ban lobby. VSSA will be paying special attention to mental health bills. It will be a busy session again this year.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

They want to make Va like 1940 Germany which had neighbors spying on neighbors and kids reporting on parents. They also want to be able to confiscate weapons from people by police with NO JUDICIAL OVERSIGHT. All to stop mass killings. They do not realize this will do nothing for that agenda This is spearheaded by Lori Hass an avid anti gun activist who has connections to Bloomberg's group. Be very attentive over the next 4 years as they see Va as the next Maryland and New York thanks to the recent elections. They are also now calling it" Gun Safety" instead of gun control. Be aware, very aware.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is what happens when you vote in liberals .... McAuliffe and his group of gun grabbers are out to get your guns and your Freedoms & 2nd Amendment Rights....
These guys are puppets for KING obama and Bloomberg....

To fight these communist and fight for you gun rights join the NRA...

Here in Virginia there is an organization called Virginia Citizen Defense League .....

Join the VCDL...

The VCDL fights for your gun rights in Virginia in the General Assembly......

GET INVOLVED.......

And as vapahuntr said....be aware .....very aware.....
Old 12-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
This is what happens when you vote in liberals .... McAuliffe and his group of gun grabbers are out to get your guns and your Freedoms & 2nd Amendment Rights....
These guys are puppets for KING obama and Bloomberg....

To fight these communist and fight for you gun rights join the NRA...

Here in Virginia there is an organization called Virginia Citizen Defense League .....

Join the VCDL...

The VCDL fights for your gun rights in Virginia in the General Assembly......

GET INVOLVED.......

And as vapahuntr said....be aware .....very aware.....
The VCDL only fights for the rights they see fit too. Yes they support 2nd amendment rights or issues but not all. They support the ban on Sunday Hunting in Virginia also.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
The VCDL only fights for the rights they see fit too. Yes they support 2nd amendment rights or issues but not all. They support the ban on Sunday Hunting in Virginia also.
They are NOT a hunting organization .... That's why they don't fight for Sunday Hunting.... They fight for your 2nd Amendment Rights...

My 2nd Amendment Rights will always come before Sunday Hunting...

You can't hunt .... If they come and TAKE YOUR GUN AWAY....
Old 12-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

They are NOT a hunting organization .... That's why they don't fight for Sunday Hunting.... They fight for your 2nd Amendment Rights...

My 2nd Amendment Rights will always come before Sunday Hunting...

You can't hunt .... If they come and TAKE YOUR GUN AWAY....
yes you sure can... muzzleloaders and archery!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Alex G.
yes you sure can... muzzleloaders and archery!
Alex G ... I guess your being sarcastic ..... Because IF they ever do find a way to take your guns believe me your muzzleloader....bow and arrows and anything they deem to be a WEAPON will be CONFISCATED.......only the elite and ruling class will have guns to protect themselves from us peasants....
Old 12-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Alex G ... I guess your being sarcastic ..... Because IF they ever do find a way to take your guns believe me your muzzleloader....bow and arrows and anything they deem to be a WEAPON will be CONFISCATED.......only the elite and ruling class will have guns to protect themselves from us peasants....
When asked to support removal of the Sunday Hunting ban, They said NO. When they asked me to join them I say NO. Supporting hunting IS supporting gun rights. SCOTUS even referenced this in the Heller decision. Fear of taking bows and muzzleloaders only shows how far some will go to get members. I have never heard the VCDL mention those two items. Nice try.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:54 AM
Spike

Personally I DO NOT support the VCDL. They opted not to support the fight to lift the ban on Sunday hunting. This puts them on the same side as the Virginia Dog Hunting Assoc and the Humane Society. Two groups I find hard to stomach due to their political views and agendas.

I do support our second amendment and am a lifetime member of the NRA.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not about which group you support. Its about getting behind a movement to end this gun grabbing. To do this we HAVE TO get together.
Sometime this will mean supporting a group that you don't agree with. Dissension in the ranks is why Republicans and Conservatives lose elections. We can't stand firmly together.
Dems ALWAYS vote in lockstep. They close ranks and vote, regardless of the stink.

The gun grabber see this, and use it to their advantage EVERY TIME. They do it little bits at a time.
We need to stand together, all of us. In order to stop this continued erosion of our rights.

The second amendment doesn't say that we MUST own firearms. It says that we CAN own firearms. The gun grabbers don't like this. Its not "controlled" by them. They are solely focused on control.

When they have our guns, they have control. COMPLETE CONTROL. Our second amendment allows us the ability to resist an oppressive government, they can't stand this. It doesn't fit their world view.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.