Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Va, beware of the Gun-Grabbers >

Va, beware of the Gun-Grabbers

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va, beware of the Gun-Grabbers

Old 12-11-2013, 10:10 AM
  #11  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,661
Default

Originally Posted by vapahunter View Post
When asked to support removal of the Sunday Hunting ban, They said NO. When they asked me to join them I say NO. Supporting hunting IS supporting gun rights. SCOTUS even referenced this in the Heller decision. Fear of taking bows and muzzleloaders only shows how far some will go to get members. I have never heard the VCDL mention those two items. Nice try.

No where did I say the VCDL said the government would take your muzzleloader or bows and arrows....
I SAID (me..not the VCDL) IF they ever take your guns THEN THEY WILL go after your muzzleloader.....and anything they feel can kill another person...and you can bet they look at muzzleloaders and bows almost the same as a shotgun or hand gun...to the liberal gun grabbers a weapon is a weapon....if it can kill they are SCARED of it and don't want anyone to have it...
I'll keep fighting for OUR 2nd Amendment Rights....because if WE lose them....you won't have to worry about hunting on Sundays....
Because you won't be able to hunt at all.....
brewman555 is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 10:51 AM
  #12  
Typical Buck
 
vapahunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Midlo, Va
Posts: 556
Default

I can support 2nd Amendment rights many ways without supporting VCDL or other groups that are very narrow minded. Sorry but supporting only one agenda is failing to support hunters who also want their rights upheld as well. I support those who would support ALL gun rights which include ALL legal uses of firearms. Sorry but the VCDL does not do that.
vapahunter is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:01 PM
  #13  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,661
Default

As I said before the VCDL is NOT a hunting organization.....they are an organization that supports your 2nd Amendment Rights.....they have nothing to do with hunting.....and the VCDL supports the use of ALL legal firearms......I'm also a member of the NRA....
I WANT SUNDAY HUNTING TOO....but as I said Sunday Hunting takes a back seat to my 2nd Amendment Rights.....
brewman555 is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:27 PM
  #14  
Nontypical Buck
 
sconnyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wherever liberalism must be eradicated.
Posts: 2,734
Default

vapahunter, now who is narrow minded. You demand that they support what you want or you wont support them? Then don't.
But remember, its about the whole picture, not your little part of it. Without the big picture, we get lost, and we lose big.

The dems have the big picture in mind at all times. They want total control of our guns.
We must support all groups, and not discriminate against those who may not always be in line with your own goals.
We can have all groups, even those we disagree with on our side.
sconnyhunter is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 12:36 PM
  #15  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,661
Default

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter View Post
vapahunter, now who is narrow minded. You demand that they support what you want or you wont support them? Then don't.
But remember, its about the whole picture, not your little part of it. Without the big picture, we get lost, and we lose big.

The dems have the big picture in mind at all times. They want total control of our guns.
We must support all groups, and not discriminate against those who may not always be in line with your own goals.
We can have all groups, even those we disagree with on our side.
Well said sconny....we as hunters and gun owners need to stand as one in order to win both Sunday Hunting and defeat the liberal gun grabbers....
brewman555 is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:35 PM
  #16  
Nontypical Buck
 
VAhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: VA, USA
Posts: 3,116
Default

Let's not forget there were those who were willing to vote out or not support Republicans just because of their views on Sunday hunting. Now we have two US Senators who will follow the Democrat agenda at the federal level and a Democratic Governor elect that does not support gun rights or Sunday hunting for that matter. I fear in the next 4 years our gun freedoms are going to be under serious assault from these liberal idiots.

Onto the matter of the VCDL. I could be wrong but I seem to remember they were "neutral" on the Sunday hunting issue.
VAhuntr is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 06:05 PM
  #17  
Typical Buck
 
vapahunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Midlo, Va
Posts: 556
Default

Originally Posted by VAhuntr View Post
Let's not forget there were those who were willing to vote out or not support Republicans just because of their views on Sunday hunting. Now we have two US Senators who will follow the Democrat agenda at the federal level and a Democratic Governor elect that does not support gun rights or Sunday hunting for that matter. I fear in the next 4 years our gun freedoms are going to be under serious assault from these liberal idiots.

Onto the matter of the VCDL. I could be wrong but I seem to remember they were "neutral" on the Sunday hunting issue.
By many peoples own admission if you are neutral on the issue then you are against it. But they have stated numerous times they would not help to remove theban. That is not being neutral.

And yes I am very narrow minded on the issue. Republican lawmakers are the ones keeping the hunting ban in place and it is Democrats who say they will remive the ban. So why did Democrats succed in Virginia? They at least said they would remove the ban.
vapahunter is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 08:00 PM
  #18  
Nontypical Buck
 
VAhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: VA, USA
Posts: 3,116
Default

Originally Posted by vapahunter View Post
By many peoples own admission if you are neutral on the issue then you are against it. But they have stated numerous times they would not help to remove theban. That is not being neutral.

And yes I am very narrow minded on the issue. Republican lawmakers are the ones keeping the hunting ban in place and it is Democrats who say they will remive the ban. So why did Democrats succed in Virginia? They at least said they would remove the ban.
Your #1 democrat McAuliffe feels the ban on Sunday hunting should stay in place. He more than likely would not sign a Sunday hunting bill if it were sent to his desk. I'm afraid our time has passed. McDonnell was in favor of some form of Sunday hunting as was Cuccinelli. McAuliffe thinks the "status quo" is fine with him. He is more concerned with passing "Colorado" style gun control(his words, not mine) than he is Sunday hunting.

With these people in charge, I'm afraid Sunday hunting will be the least of our worries in a few years.

Edited to add: The VCDL has what they call a "legislative tracking tool." They track proposed bills and categorize them as to whether they oppose them, strongly oppose, are neutral, support, or strongly support. I remember a sunday hunting bill from a couple years back being listed as neutral.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 12-12-2013 at 03:17 AM.
VAhuntr is offline  
Old 12-11-2013, 08:05 PM
  #19  
Nontypical Buck
 
sconnyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wherever liberalism must be eradicated.
Posts: 2,734
Default

Single issue politics is how we have gotten to where we are today. We MUST stand united as a party REPUBLICAN OR CONSERVATIVE. We must stand united. I know it stinks. But look what we face for opposition. The Dems stand as ONE. For every vote. Regardless of the consequences.
sconnyhunter is offline  
Old 12-12-2013, 03:38 AM
  #20  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,661
Default

Originally Posted by vapahunter View Post
By many peoples own admission if you are neutral on the issue then you are against it. But they have stated numerous times they would not help to remove theban. That is not being neutral.

And yes I am very narrow minded on the issue. Republican lawmakers are the ones keeping the hunting ban in place and it is Democrats who say they will remive the ban. So why did Democrats succed in Virginia? They at least said they would remove the ban.
I find it funny that you think the democrats are on your side when it comes to Sunday hunting and guns.....
When the Dems know the Sunday Hunting bill will fail because Republicans will vote against it.....they then vote YES because they know it will LOOK GOOD and GET them VOTES .....and that's what counts.....YOU VOTING FOR THEM.....
And when it comes to guns....you now have a Governor who is ANTI GUN and received MILLIONS from Bloomberg to defeat Cuccinelli who was PRO GUN....And two Senators who are ANTI GUN....
McAuliffe ...Warner and Kaine are all puppets of KING obama and he's Americas biggest GUN GRABBER....
And you trust the Democrats.......?????
A vote for any Democrat is a vote against your Freedoms and Liberties .
brewman555 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.