Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Va Sunday Hunting >

Va Sunday Hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Va Sunday Hunting

Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's an update about the Sunday hunting bills (and this is NOT good!! )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They’ve done it again.

All four House Sunday hunting bills are scheduled to be heard in the House AG Natural Resources Subcommittee tomorrow at 5:00 PM and requests by Patrons, to Delegate Ware, to push the issues out further have been refused. Delegate Ware and the house Republican Leadership are going to try and kill all the Sunday hunting bills again this year without it ever having seen the light of day outside of the small 7 person committee, and they are trying to do so quickly and as quiet as possible.

Please take a moment to notify your Delegate and Senator that what the House Republicans are about to do is unacceptable.
You can also cut and paste the following email addresses into an email and let them know that you support SH and wish to see the matter come out of Committee and up for a full vote on the House floor:
[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Old 01-16-2013, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

These people are the most despicable underhanded slime balls i'v ever seen.....what are they afraid of ......that if Sunday Hunting gets voted on it MIGHT pass....
Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 AM
Typical Buck

Exactly and that would upset VaHDA the prime organization lobbying against Sunday Hunting. They fear for their style of hunting if it ever truely comes out in the open of the special exemptions they get. VaHDA is the most anti-hunting group in the state of Virginia.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

These house republicans need to be voted out but I'm really torn here. I shudder at the thought of more gun grabbing democrats in our government. I want Sunday hunting in Virginia but I don't want it at the expense of our 2nd Amendment rights. To me personally, our 2nd Amendment rights are more important than hunting on Sunday.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

So VaHunter what do you suggest we do to get Sunday Hunting in this state? And I am asking to hear what you have to say.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
So VaHunter what do you suggest we do to get Sunday Hunting in this state? And I am asking to hear what you have to say.

I love deer hunting and want to hunt on Sundays. It is terrible that the state is punishing the working hunters by not allowing hunting on Sunday. However, I'm truly concerned about the direction our country is headed with regards to our 2nd Amendment rights. If you look at the anti-gun bills that have been introduced in the General Assembly this year, they have one thing in common. The patrons are democrats. I will not sell out my 2nd Amendment rights and vote democrat just to get Sunday hunting.

Wish I knew the answer on how to get Sunday hunting but I don't have a clue. I can say this though. In a few years I may move back to Tennessee, don't know just yet. I also have a family farm about 1.5 hours from my home. It is secluded and my bow is very quiet.....I'll just leave it at that!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
I love deer hunting and want to hunt on Sundays. It is terrible that the state is punishing the working hunters by not allowing hunting on Sunday. However, I'm truly concerned about the direction our country is headed with regards to our 2nd Amendment rights. If you look at the anti-gun bills that have been introduced in the General Assembly this year, they have one thing in common. The patrons are democrats. I will not sell out my 2nd Amendment rights and vote democrat just to get Sunday hunting.

Wish I knew the answer on how to get Sunday hunting but I don't have a clue. I can say this though. In a few years I may move back to Tennessee, don't know just yet. I also have a family farm about 1.5 hours from my home. It is secluded and my bow is very quiet.....I'll just leave it at that!
But if you also look there are larger and larger numbers of Republicans supporting these bills. I agree as far as not knowing where the country is going. I am just doing what I think best to get Sunday hunting approved and to also fight the other proposed restrictions. By holding Republicans legislatures to a standard now then they may think twice before siding with the anit's on later issues.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
But if you also look there are larger and larger numbers of Republicans supporting these bills. I agree as far as not knowing where the country is going. I am just doing what I think best to get Sunday hunting approved and to also fight the other proposed restrictions. By holding Republicans legislatures to a standard now then they may think twice before siding with the anit's on later issues.

So are you willing to risk your 2nd Amendment rights to get Sunday hunting approved in this state?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any news on any of the Sunday hunting bills.....?????
Old 01-18-2013, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
Any news on any of the Sunday hunting bills.....?????

The following bills were tabled:

HB 1762 (Sunday hunting in certain counties)
HB 2036 (Sunday hunting with bow/xbow)
HB 2037 (Sunday hunting of nuisance species)
HB 2112 (Sunday hunting on military bases)

The only bill still alive, that I'm aware of, is HB 2225....which would allow Sunday hunting on private property with owners permission.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.