Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 12-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Spike

Checked the cameras today...nothing but a bunch of swaying weeds that set off the camera 145 times. Also, as I was walking out I noticed there is a stand that was set up pretty close to the main area I was scouting...I can't be mad at them for picking a promising spot!
Old 12-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

It's go time in the mornin...finally gonna get back out to the swamp...gonna be windy...but oughta keep the skeeters down...oughta be dried out purty good too...hopefully I won't have to get too wet
Old 12-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
It's go time in the mornin...finally gonna get back out to the swamp...gonna be windy...but oughta keep the skeeters down...oughta be dried out purty good too...hopefully I won't have to get too wet
There was a lot of people out there today, setting up, flying down roads, etc.
good luck. I'll be out there too. I'll be up toward the north end. You?
Old 12-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Spike

How was it in the swamp today? I went scouting on a different wma, and when I was hanging one of my stands 4 does came by, and right after that when I was climbing down a 5 point came out and stood there looking at me.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Swamphuntr
How was it in the swamp today? I went scouting on a different wma, and when I was hanging one of my stands 4 does came by, and right after that when I was climbing down a 5 point came out and stood there looking at me.
I got there around 1230p(waiting for my parents to come watch my kids). As I drove in I saw a group skinning out a nice 6 or 8 point. I sat in the stand until about 515p. It was really windy today! That wind had me snapping my head, looking around trying to determine if it was a monster buck coming through or dead palm branches falling.

As I left he gate said there was one other deer taken, but it didn't meet the antler requirements. The attendant told me the hunter was cited, received a court date and the deer was confiscated. Also, the board said three hogs.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Spike

Hey guys, just joined the forum a couple of days ago and I'm enjoying reading what you guys have to offer.

Got out to GS this morning and was in my spot by about 6:40 a.m. Found a very impressive 8 point shed. I can only assume it was the buck that was tearing up the same spot I was hunting last year. As far as I know only me and maybe one other guy knew about it and were hunting the spot last year. This year, not so much. Seems like a lot of people found they're way in there and they're just walking around during prime times.

Found out when I left around 5:45 p.m. that the same people that had walked past me at almost 3 in the afternoon walked past my dad about a 1/4 mile away earlier in the morning. Between the wind and the people, he decided to turn in early.

Pretty nice day though. Public land is public land, can't really expect anything else.
Good luck out there guys.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Was a lotta people in the swamp today...sat in the stand this mornin seen a big doe...did some scoutin inna couple areas n found some buck sign and seen some turkeys...as of about 415 pm 471 side had 1 hog n 1 buck...hopefully i can get back out there next weekend
Old 12-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by NY2FL
Hey guys, just joined the forum a couple of days ago and I'm enjoying reading what you guys have to offer.

Got out to GS this morning and was in my spot by about 6:40 a.m. Found a very impressive 8 point shed. I can only assume it was the buck that was tearing up the same spot I was hunting last year. As far as I know only me and maybe one other guy knew about it and were hunting the spot last year. This year, not so much. Seems like a lot of people found they're way in there and they're just walking around during prime times.

Found out when I left around 5:45 p.m. that the same people that had walked past me at almost 3 in the afternoon walked past my dad about a 1/4 mile away earlier in the morning. Between the wind and the people, he decided to turn in early.

Pretty nice day though. Public land is public land, can't really expect anything else.
Good luck out there guys.
Welcome to the forum, and can you post a picture of the antler?
Old 12-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by sometimesbro

As I left he gate said there was one other deer taken, but it didn't meet the antler requirements. The attendant told me the hunter was cited, received a court date and the deer was confiscated. Also, the board said three hogs.
I had the check station operator, at another wma i hunt tell me that so far, he has had people bring 4 bucks to the check station the are illegal under the new aprs. I would expect Green Swamp would have more illegal bucks taken then most wmas because its proximity to tampa, and all the yahoos/city boys that come from there, whenever they get the itch to hunt
Old 12-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Swamphuntr
Welcome to the forum, and can you post a picture of the antler?
Thanks! If I get out next week I'll take a picture and post it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.