Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 11-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone hunted croom would be willing to give me some advice. I'm going to go in the morning and then on Saturday to try it out but never hunted it. Would like to at least have a shot at seein one
Old 11-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
Anyone hunted croom would be willing to give me some advice. I'm going to go in the morning and then on Saturday to try it out but never hunted it. Would like to at least have a shot at seein one
To be honest the area behind and to the right of the check station isn't a bad block of woods...easy access...a good number of deer there, jumped a nice buck right at dark on the way out in there couple years back, few hogs work that block too bein the river is right cross the road...I will be out there Saturday as well as Sunday
Old 11-27-2015, 07:25 AM
Spike

It was a gorgeous morning in the swamp. Got settled in the climber around 6:20a and about the time the sun came up, a cool breeze began blowing. Luckily I was down wind, though it didn't matter. I heard a hog cutting up approximately 150 yards away through some thicket, but never saw him. I came up empty handed, but found some promising game trails. Until next time!
Old 11-27-2015, 12:17 PM
Spike

So to show how fast things change, a couple weeks ago I posted about a couple trips to the swamp. Not seeing anything on those few trips I was a little bummed honestly. Deciding to take a day off I had to go out and do some scouting I came across a few nice areas and in one of those areas a fresh pile of deer poo haha so I decided to come back the next day and hunt this location. Glad I did. I saw a 4 point come straight under my stand but never would turn to where I could get an arrow off. Had a doe follow shortly after him but she stayed behind me. Sitting about 2 more hours I heard noise and low and behold 2 different deer walked up. From my stand looked like 2 does as they were through some palmettos. grabbed the bow and drew down to the one spot I could shoot through and one walked right where I needed. Nailed it. Turned out to be a small spike but was thankful it was in the slot for antlerless haha ears apparently blocked his antlers when I looked through the binoculars. Got some meat in the freezer now though.

PS I have no clue why my pics are sideways... sorry
Attached Thumbnails Greenswamp wma hunters-img_5754-102388-.jpg   Greenswamp wma hunters-img_5772-102389-.jpg   Greenswamp wma hunters-img_5778-102390-.jpg   Greenswamp wma hunters-img_5780-102391-.jpg  
Old 11-27-2015, 02:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Boosted
So to show how fast things change, a couple weeks ago I posted about a couple trips to the swamp. Not seeing anything on those few trips I was a little bummed honestly. Deciding to take a day off I had to go out and do some scouting I came across a few nice areas and in one of those areas a fresh pile of deer poo haha so I decided to come back the next day and hunt this location. Glad I did. I saw a 4 point come straight under my stand but never would turn to where I could get an arrow off. Had a doe follow shortly after him but she stayed behind me. Sitting about 2 more hours I heard noise and low and behold 2 different deer walked up. From my stand looked like 2 does as they were through some palmettos. grabbed the bow and drew down to the one spot I could shoot through and one walked right where I needed. Nailed it. Turned out to be a small spike but was thankful it was in the slot for antlerless haha ears apparently blocked his antlers when I looked through the binoculars. Got some meat in the freezer now though.

Sounds like you have a great spot! Seeing multiple deer in one day and even bagging one. Congratulations!

About what time did you shoot this one?
Old 11-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Boosted

Heck yea...that one will eat good
Old 11-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by sometimesbro
Sounds like you have a great spot! Seeing multiple deer in one day and even bagging one. Congratulations!

About what time did you shoot this one?
thanks! i'd like to think I've got a decent spot. although sitting on stand last weekend somebody decided to ride a bike dragging a metal store bought stand behind it down by me. sounded like bigfoot shaking palmetto bushes going by.
anyways this one was taken about 10:30 and it was around 65 degrees out.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:48 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by I AM THE WOODS
Heck yea...that one will eat good
I think so. Had a nice backstrap on him haha
Old 11-28-2015, 08:47 AM
Spike

Congrats Boosted
Old 11-29-2015, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Well had a great day at croom but no buck. I ended up seeing 15 deer, 2 in the morning and 13 in the evening. The most at one time was 5 but none of them had any head gear. Did find some good scrapes that will be my starting point for next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.