Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 07-11-2014, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

The quota results are out...what permits did yall get?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:50 AM
Dominant Buck

None I applied for..

I put in for the tough ones one Phase One and then the essier ones on Phase 2

I had put in for Kicco for archery and muzzle but failed...

On Phase 2,I'll see if I can get Three Lakes for archery and muzzleloader,,,long drive but I know the area pretty good and it's tacked up (-;
Old 07-16-2014, 04:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chuck7
None I applied for..

I put in for the tough ones one Phase One and then the essier ones on Phase 2

I had put in for Kicco for archery and muzzle but failed...

On Phase 2,I'll see if I can get Three Lakes for archery and muzzleloader,,,long drive but I know the area pretty good and it's tacked up (-;
yea i dont think they have enough muzzleloader/archery permits to go round for the # of people tryin to get em...i aint get drawn for archery or muzzleloader either. For gen. gun i got Croom first 9 days n gota draw for a hog hunt in Oct. at Green Swamp West...I also put in for Green Swamp West Special Opp n got super lucky and drew 2 of the 3 gun hunts so all in all aint do too shabby
Old 07-18-2014, 08:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrats Sir ....I did not get anything I applied for. I scouted all day at Croom and did not like it ...

Inplan to put in for Three Lakes on Phase 2 ...On Green Swamo west i only spent 20. They said I was number 136 in line...lol doesn't look good.

What does look good..I hiked back to my number one spot at GS East and saw 2,fat does. Being retired I'm going to let GSEast alone that first week..I know there will be hunters in the area I hunt and that will bum me out..During the week dsys I'll have the whole area to myself
Old 07-18-2014, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Sir ....I did not get anything I applied for. I scouted all day at Croom and did not like it ...

Inplan to put in for Three Lakes on Phase 2 ...On Green Swamo west i only spent 20. They said I was number 136 in line...lol doesn't look good.

What does look good..I hiked back to my number one spot at GS East and saw 2,fat does. Being retired I'm going to let GSEast alone that first week..I know there will be hunters in the area I hunt and that will bum me out..During the week dsys I'll have the whole area to myself
wow...that stinks...yea croom is a different terrain...mostly open but dont let it fool ya there are a lot of deer in there...what didnt ya like about it? n where did ya scout? Yea GSW is tough to draw...last season when i was there a guy shot a150" 13 point awesome lookin buck...got me motivated so spent a little more... I am real fortunate to have drawn 2 hunts for there for $200...some people spend several hundred n dont get drawn at all yea I will be in Green Swamp the first 9days weekends...although I never see much durin that time ya never kno...
Old 07-19-2014, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey partner..

When I drove in on the main road I saw 2 small deer crossing the road..of course I started there. I went to the left whete a high tention power line is...I went in a good 1/2 mile deep..could not find and water..Only thing I found was a bunch of BudLight cans everywhere.

I continued to do this all the way to thr end..It does get wet right before the Welcome To Brooksville sign. It looks very good there BUT it's also posted.

Then iI scouted some along the river..

Reasons I didn't like it..
A. Too many beer cans..tells me poachers and careless red necks
B. Zero big tracks..only a few doe tracks.
C. Good little piece from my house 60'miles
D. Terrain stunk..not enough swamps..if any.

I'd rather drive the extra 30 and go Three Lakes..I saw much more good signs at Green Swamp East.

However , if you want to take me as a friend..(-; I'll split the deer if I get one ..(-; I respect you as a hunter and good people skills..I'd love to hunt with you sometime..

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-19-2014 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

Hey partner..

When I drove in on the main road I saw 2 small deer crossing the road..of course I started there. I went to the left whete a high tention power line is...I went in a good 1/2 mile deep..could not find and water..Only thing I found was a bunch of BudLight cans everywhere.

I continued to do this all the way to thr end..It does get wet right before the Welcome To Brooksville sign. It looks very good there BUT it's also posted.

Then iI scouted some along the river..

Reasons I didn't like it..
A. Too many beer cans..tells me poachers and careless red necks
B. Zero big tracks..only a few doe tracks.
C. Good little piece from my house 60'miles
D. Terrain stunk..not enough swamps..if any.

I'd rather drive the extra 30 and go Three Lakes..I saw much more good signs at Green Swamp East.

However , if you want to take me as a friend..(-; I'll split the deer if I get one ..(-; I respect you as a hunter and good people skills..I'd love to hunt with you sometime..
yea i think it does get poached some and is trashy in some places but there is a good number of deer in there...ya never see a whole lotta deer sign but yet ya sit in the stand n can see 7 + deer a day...yea maybe after the first 9 is up we can meet up there...i kno some spots that hold deer
Old 07-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Sounds good...
Old 08-22-2014, 06:37 AM
Spike

Congrats everyone.

I got Chassahowitzka Sept 13th for Bow.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Dominant Buck

I got 3 lakes for Sept. 13....at least I found a spot last year...hope the waters not too bad. I already have it tacked up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.