Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-02-2019, 03:02 PM
  #1191  
Spike
 
David2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: St . Pete
Posts: 49
Default

So I just loaded up the truck for my second GS hunt... first time out in about three weeks. Gun, ammo, clothes, stand, blah, blah, blah. Get ready to pull a little further into the garage AND........... the F'ing battery is dead. Really?
David2018 is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 08:01 AM
  #1192  
Spike
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: The Hills of Zephyr
Posts: 59
Default

Originally Posted by David2018 View Post
So I just loaded up the truck for my second GS hunt... first time out in about three weeks. Gun, ammo, clothes, stand, blah, blah, blah. Get ready to pull a little further into the garage AND........... the F'ing battery is dead. Really?
Of coarse why wouldn't it be dead. That sounds like the way things always go for me too. Well good luck man.
BuckItUp is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 04:51 PM
  #1193  
Spike
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: The Hills of Zephyr
Posts: 59
Default

So I just watched a video of a guy that killed a really nice 8-point today in the swamp. His YouTube name is "Cracker Mentality". Check it out. He has a great channel. Congrats to him, beautiful buck!
BuckItUp is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 05:50 PM
  #1194  
Fork Horn
 
Tufrthnails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Knee Deep in FL Muck
Posts: 286
Default

Originally Posted by FlaBoy18 View Post

amen man ive always heard from guys that sit all day that sum of there best bucks were shot mid-day. Ive even met sum guys on public that get to there stands purposely at 10 am and sit till dark.
I do a lot of 10a - 3p sit when I am on night shift especially during mid December and lat Jan. Just last week had to let a heavy 6pt walk because I was still 1.5 miles from the truck and had to be at work in 2 hours . I tend to do more of an observation style sit on those days so not to funk up my target spots, but you can learn a ton on those days.
Tufrthnails is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 05:57 PM
  #1195  
Fork Horn
 
Tufrthnails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Knee Deep in FL Muck
Posts: 286
Default

Originally Posted by BuckItUp View Post
So I just watched a video of a guy that killed a really nice 8-point today in the swamp. His YouTube name is "Cracker Mentality". Check it out. He has a great channel. Congrats to him, beautiful buck!
Just watched it that is a beautiful buck. Congrats to the hunter.
Tufrthnails is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 07:04 AM
  #1196  
Spike
 
David2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: St . Pete
Posts: 49
Default

Really nice Buck, congrats to Cracker Mentality!. That's a good YouTube channel he has. Apparently knows GS pretty well.
David2018 is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 07:27 AM
  #1197  
Spike
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: The Hills of Zephyr
Posts: 59
Default

He certainly does seem to have GS figured out. I believe he's quite successful with other WMAs as well. His page show videos that back that up. Good for him, just wish I had more time to do so.
BuckItUp is offline  
Old 01-06-2019, 11:40 AM
  #1198  
Spike
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: The Hills of Zephyr
Posts: 59
Default I surrender

So I'm thinking about throwing in the towel at green swamp. I was set up and ready well before day light this morning, I could see a flashlight not 400 yards away that i haven't seen in the area all season. I've seen two bucks on the hoof in this spot. Both coming in around the same general area. Been hunting them since the first 9 days. So I moved my stand a bit closer so I could get a shot. Half hour after daylight wouldn't you know it, flashlight hunter got to put the hammer on him. Now I know this is public land, but man that is a HUGE downer. I climbed out and called it a day.

Last edited by BuckItUp; 01-06-2019 at 01:31 PM.
BuckItUp is offline  
Old 01-06-2019, 04:46 PM
  #1199  
Spike
 
David2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: St . Pete
Posts: 49
Default

Originally Posted by BuckItUp View Post
So I'm thinking about throwing in the towel at green swamp. I was set up and ready well before day light this morning, I could see a flashlight not 400 yards away that i haven't seen in the area all season. I've seen two bucks on the hoof in this spot. Both coming in around the same general area. Been hunting them since the first 9 days. So I moved my stand a bit closer so I could get a shot. Half hour after daylight wouldn't you know it, flashlight hunter got to put the hammer on him. Now I know this is public land, but man that is a HUGE downer. I climbed out and called it a day.
Sorry to hear man. Don't give up on it... at least you found a good area. Hopefully there's a couple more bucks nearby. I have yet to see anything. Wondering why I'm driving 90 friggin miles to go hunt there.
David2018 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 07:25 AM
  #1200  
Fork Horn
 
Tufrthnails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Knee Deep in FL Muck
Posts: 286
Default

Originally Posted by BuckItUp View Post
So I'm thinking about throwing in the towel at green swamp. I was set up and ready well before day light this morning, I could see a flashlight not 400 yards away that i haven't seen in the area all season. I've seen two bucks on the hoof in this spot. Both coming in around the same general area. Been hunting them since the first 9 days. So I moved my stand a bit closer so I could get a shot. Half hour after daylight wouldn't you know it, flashlight hunter got to put the hammer on him. Now I know this is public land, but man that is a HUGE downer. I climbed out and called it a day.

Sorry bud that's the nature of the beast especially on walk-in quota WMAs in FL. I know about two bucks that have been killed this year I was chasing one of them I have three years of history with. Don't let it get you too down. It only takes a few seconds to turn your season around. GS is a very hard WMA to figure out and other then dumb luck can take several years to start consistently seeing bucks. This year especially has been weird as the bucks have not been in areas I historically seen them.
Tufrthnails is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.