Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Greenswamp wma hunters >

Greenswamp wma hunters

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Greenswamp wma hunters

Old 01-17-2018, 01:07 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by truthinthematt
I 7pt 132, 1 6pt 121 and a 4pt 113, the two smaller ones came out of the same spot , it’s a pretty good honey hole, I see deer every time I hunt it, the bigger one came out of a pretty deep spot in the swamp, I was on foot when I shot him.
Congrats on all your deer (I assume the 4 pt was 3 on one side, I do believe GS like PA has antler restrictions?). Anyway, Congrat's!
Was so looking forward to hunting GS during the rut. Was on my way south last week. After a few days in VA then TN I started coughing and ended up returning to PA with both types A and B flu. Feeling much better now but won't be able to get south again till late Feb.
On a side note, we got about 6" of snow yesterday and I just got done shoveling and plowing; a doe and 2 yearlings walking behind the house looking for easy meal, I guess it's time to feed.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:52 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Central PA Sportsman
Congrats on all your deer (I assume the 4 pt was 3 on one side, I do believe GS like PA has antler restrictions?). Anyway, Congrat's!
Was so looking forward to hunting GS during the rut. Was on my way south last week. After a few days in VA then TN I started coughing and ended up returning to PA with both types A and B flu. Feeling much better now but won't be able to get south again till late Feb.
On a side note, we got about 6" of snow yesterday and I just got done shoveling and plowing; a doe and 2 yearlings walking behind the house looking for easy meal, I guess it's time to feed.
yup, 1 antler has to have 3 points measuring 1” the other antler had 2 but 1 was busted off so at some point it was a 5 point.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Central PA Sportsman
3 pts on one side OR a 10" mainbeam. I passed on several 4pts this season because it was just to close to call whether it was 10" or not.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:46 PM
Spike

Tufrthnails, liked the fact that you passed, hopefully they make it through the season and you get a chance at a larger deer next year. I'm so use to only one buck here in PA I try to be a bit more selective. Just got off the phone with a friend who missed a really nice 9 here in Dec. let him know I got pic's of said buck on a few consecutive days between our stands and he made it through our final season. Believe he's already dropped one side. He should be quite a handsome buck in the Fall of '18 (we figure he's currently 3 1/2 yrs old), we'll keep an eye (camera) on this guy.
In closing I'd like to say....Hope you had a good year. I'll be in FL at the end of Feb., hog hunting some private land near Inglis and fishing out of Punta Gorda. Looking forward to some warmer weather.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

If this rain don't stop we are gonna be hunting Green Lake WMA. I got standing water all over my property. Drove 471 the other day and water is high all along Richloam.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:52 AM
Spike

Haven't had the chance to scout yet; m sure it's pretty wet out there. I've got a quota permit for 12/1 to 12/4 general gun. Question - have I missed the chance to apply for a campsite at 471 grounds? FWC site is pretty confusing on when to apply.
Thanks.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by David2018
Haven't had the chance to scout yet; m sure it's pretty wet out there. I've got a quota permit for 12/1 to 12/4 general gun. Question - have I missed the chance to apply for a campsite at 471 grounds? FWC site is pretty confusing on when to apply.
Thanks.

For Gen gun hunt you have:
Phase 1 apps are oct 5 - Oct 15.
Phase 2 is Oct 18 until filled.

All as follows:

Green Swamp Camping Permits

Green Swamp Camping - Archery

Phase I Applications 7/27/2018 – 8/6/2018

Phase II Leftovers 8/9/2018 – until filled or the final hunt date

Green Swamp Camping - General Gun

Phase I Applications 10/5/2018 – 10/15/2018

Phase II Leftovers 10/18/2018 – until filled or the final hunt date

Green Swamp Camping - Small Game

Phase I Applications 12/1/2018 – 12/10/2018

Phase II Leftovers 12/13/2018 – until filled or the final hunt date

Green Swamp Camping - Spring Turkey

Phase I Applications 1/4/2019 – 1/14/2019

Phase II Leftovers 1/17/2019 – until filled or the final hunt date

Green Swamp Camping - Fishing and Frogging

Phase I Applications 2/1/2019 – 2/11/2019

Phase II Leftovers 2/14/2019 – until filled or the final hunt date

Green Swamp Camping - Wild Hog

Phase I Applications 7/27/2018 – 8/6/2018

Phase II Leftovers 8/9/2018 – until filled or the final hunt date
Old 09-20-2018, 03:08 PM
Spike

Thanks for the info.; the phase portion was screwing me up for some reason. At least I can still get my name in the hat for a spot.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by David2018
Thanks for the info.; the phase portion was screwing me up for some reason. At least I can still get my name in the hat for a spot.
No prob they do have first come first serve sites as well, but I wouldn't depend on that.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:16 PM
Spike

Good luck hunting in Florida this season hope to make it down sometime through the winter. Our archery season starts this Saturday, not seeing much but am hopeful. Checking trail cams tomorrow will let you know what I find. Heading to MD to scout some areas for Sika deer hunting in a few weeks; hopefully find some good Sika stag sign.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.