Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Crestview area..? >

Crestview area..?

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Crestview area..?

Old 05-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Spike

Default Crestview area..?

So i am moving to the Crestview area this fall, I would like to know all about the hunting around there, from small game to deer and pigs. I am originally from PA and i love squirrel hunting, but out here in idaho, the squirrels are so small its not worth shooting them. I am really looking forward to hunting in florida, but its going to be a culture shock i am sure. Idaho sure was from hunting in PA. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out, happy hunting.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Spike

Crestview florida that is or the Eglin AFB area...
Old 05-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by smokinberlinet
So i am moving to the Crestview area this fall, I would like to know all about the hunting around there, from small game to deer and pigs. I am originally from PA and i love squirrel hunting, but out here in idaho, the squirrels are so small its not worth shooting them. I am really looking forward to hunting in florida, but its going to be a culture shock i am sure. Idaho sure was from hunting in PA. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out, happy hunting.
I live up by the Alabam Line. Near Graceville, we have a lot of game, squirrel, deer , wild hog. You will have the Elgin AFB and that area to hunt. Just get in with some of the locals, it should not be to hard to find someone as just about everyone up here in North Fl. hunts and fishes.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

and you have blackwater forrest if you get here in time to apply for a gun quota. plus there are hundreds and hundreds of leases................tony
Old 06-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Spike

Welcome to the area. I live in North Walton County (one county east of Crestview), I hunt on a lease in Walton and Holmes Co. I know some people that hunt on Eglin, some nice deer been taken there. Blackwater is another option as mentioned before. Welcome again.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Spike

Thank you everyone for the replies. I can't wait to hunt in florida. I really miss the east, How is the predator hunting in fl? I did alittle in high school back in Pa, but i really got into it in idaho, i go every weekend once deer and elk seasons are over..so every weekend from mid Nov to about march or april depending on the weather. And this year the pelts were going for 40-42 for an average coyote. you get 2 and it paid for your gas. I know the pelts won't have much value down there but is there alot to hunt?