Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Sunday hunting bill sb 464 >

Sunday hunting bill sb 464

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday hunting bill sb 464

Old 02-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess the main thing is this, I love to hunt. Bowhunt, BP, rifle, shotgun, still hunt, man drives, hunting with hounds....I love it all. I don't want to take away from dog hunters, I am a dog hunter and have hunted with hounds during every season for the past 27 seasons. All I want is to stretch my weekend a little. To be able to hunt with my kids, family, friends on Sunday on our own land if I want to. For the life of me I can't figure out what there is to oppose about that.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NEW61375
I guess the main thing is this, I love to hunt. Bowhunt, BP, rifle, shotgun, still hunt, man drives, hunting with hounds....I love it all. I don't want to take away from dog hunters, I am a dog hunter and have hunted with hounds during every season for the past 27 seasons. All I want is to stretch my weekend a little. To be able to hunt with my kids, family, friends on Sunday on our own land if I want to. For the life of me I can't figure out what there is to oppose about that.

I'm not the enemy here and I am not a spokesman for VAHDA. I'm just visiting and thought I would answer a question without all the drama. I have seen recently land mangers places stipulations in their leases which opposes Sunday Hunting. These leases going out to Deer dogging clubs. so whats a man to do... it isn't my land, I just hunt it... never had sunday huting before or wanted it...
Old 02-22-2012, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hokieman
I'm not the enemy here and I am not a spokesman for VAHDA. I'm just visiting and thought I would answer a question without all the drama. I have seen recently land mangers places stipulations in their leases which opposes Sunday Hunting. These leases going out to Deer dogging clubs. so whats a man to do... it isn't my land, I just hunt it... never had sunday huting before or wanted it...
This topic = drama, no way around it. I don't view you as an enemy, when it comes to hunting I'd bet we have more in common than we have differences. The recent SH bill did not include hunting with hounds so I can't figure out what the impact would be on deer dogging clubs.

As far as landowners and leases usually that means timber companies and farmers. Both groups make money off their leases through the actual price per acre and farmers make even more when you consider the impact an overpopulation of deer can have on their crops. I only mention that because as hunters we are paying lease rates and providing a service to these landowners. That makes us at least somewhat valuable to the landowner, especially considering the average price per acre has skyrocketed across the state in the last decade.

That being said, I have no problem with a landowner or property manager making the rules for their land. If one of those rules was no Sunday hunting then I'm sure the club or people leasing the land would comply if they wanted to keep the lease. In that scenario nothing would change except for a sentence or two in the lease, it would be business as usual for the landowner and the club.

But that landowner shouldn't be able to tell his neighbor what to do with his land.

Last edited by NEW61375; 02-23-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Spike

NEW61375 everyting you have to say is very well thought out. Thank you for all the input and clarity you have provided on this topic. Keep up the hard work on the SH. Thanks
Old 02-23-2012, 01:43 AM
Spike

So from my understanding this bill passed this month is this correct?
Old 02-23-2012, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by beanthegunsmith
So from my understanding this bill passed this month is this correct?
It passed the Senate(29-11) but later failed in a House sub-committee. Did not even make it to the House floor. I suggest every Virginia hunter find where their current representatives stand on this issue and vote accordingly.

I called my Senator(Bill Stanley) and thanked him for standing up for hunters and the rights of property owner with his support of SB 464.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

NEW61375,

You need to be writing editorials to the major newspapers in Virginia concerning Sunday hunting. Your comments are extremely well written and thought out. Thanks for your support!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's the latest from Bill Cochran's online column in the Roanoke Times.

http://www.roanoke.com/outdoors/billcochran/wb/305267

I'm in it, Matt O'Brien of the Facebook page "Virginia Sunday Hunting For All" is in it, as is Sherry Crumley. Kirby Burch and Del. Edmunds are in it too, representing the ANTI point of view.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Hokieman
The way I see it... If you lock your gate, You can do whatever you want whenever, thats what landowners do anyway for years now, were you been?
So now you are telling people it is OK to break the law just like many of the people on VaHDA advocate. Now we get to stoop down to their level. you know the one where laws about trespassing and illegal hunting do not apply to them. maybe that is why thier chairman is due in court on Feb 27 to answer charges of trespassing on property he did not have permission to while carrying a firearm and with a dog. All thsi during Muzzleloader season. Waiting with baited breathe to see how Hokieman and Mr Hackett and Burch spin these to being an attack against dog hunters.

Yep a real law abiding truthful group. Try going to the VaHDA site and see if they have any discussion forums on their site open to the public. No they don't as they use others to spread their hate for anything that does not have to do with hound hunting. They are so afraid of the consequences of their stand that they will not even allow open discussion by their members on thier own site. But they will send the likes of Hokieman and others to bad mouth and distrupt others as they call them liars.

"I am not a spokesman for VAHDA" again another false hood you tell. Any and all boards you post on degenerate after you start pushing the VaHDA line. You have been banned from numerous boards for your postings all to the favor of this group. Sorry but anyone who knows you and your past would not believe this one bit. Look at your signature. It says :

"The Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance is working to secure, for posterity, the heritage of hunting with dogs in the Commonwealth of Virginia and to promote and advance the opportunities to use dogs for hunting through aggressive educational programs and poli"

and yet you try to say you are not a spokesman for them. It is right off their website. The very first thing you read their. So yes you are a spokesman for them just not a very good one.

Last edited by vapahunter; 02-23-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by vapahunter
So now you are telling people it is OK to break the law just like many of the people on VaHDA advocate. Now we get to stoop down to their level. you know the one where laws about trespassing and illegal hunting do not apply to them. maybe that is why thier chairman is due in court on Feb 27 to answer charges of trespassing on property he did not have permission to while carrying a firearm and with a dog. All thsi during Muzzleloader season. Waiting with baited breathe to see how Hokieman and Mr Hackett and Burch spin these to being an attack against dog hunters.

Yep a real law abiding truthful group. Try going to the VaHDA site and see if they have any discussion forums on their site open to the public. No they don't as they use others to spread their hate for anything that does not have to do with hound hunting. They are so afraid of the consequences of their stand that they will not even allow open discussion by their members on thier own site. But they will send the likes of Hokieman and others to bad mouth and distrupt others as they call them liars.

"I am not a spokesman for VAHDA" again another false hood you tell. Any and all boards you post on degenerate after you start pushing the VaHDA line. You have been banned from numerous boards for your postings all to the favor of this group. Sorry but anyone who knows you and your past would not believe this one bit. Look at your signature. It says :

"The Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance is working to secure, for posterity, the heritage of hunting with dogs in the Commonwealth of Virginia and to promote and advance the opportunities to use dogs for hunting through aggressive educational programs and poli"

and yet you try to say you are not a spokesman for them. It is right off their website. The very first thing you read their. So yes you are a spokesman for them just not a very good one.

You see thats your problem... I come to talk and you come to pick fights... No more... I am here to enjoy conversations and this forum I will not fight and argue with you or anyone else about Sunday Hunting. My belief is that mine and not yours... sorry get over it and find someone else to ridicule because you lost your chance at maybe getting sunday hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.