Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Sunday Hunting Web Site...... >

Sunday Hunting Web Site......

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Sunday Hunting Web Site......

Old 01-18-2012, 06:06 AM
  #11  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,661
Default

Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
thanks for the link. I submitted and added that I am in favor of HB-989 and SB-151. I hunt mostly public and department owned lands and would only be in favor of a total repeal on the ban of Sunday hunting. Not just for private land hunting.
Average Joe.....that's sounds kinda selfish don't you think....???...if I can't hunt on Sunday then I'm not for it ...... Even if we get Sunday hunting on private land only it's a start....and a good one...and within a year or two I'd bet you'll see Sunday Hunting will be allowed everywhere for everyone.....we as hunters have got to stop thinking Me....Me ....Me..... and think what's best for all of hunting.......
brewman555 is offline  
Old 01-19-2012, 03:33 PM
  #12  
Spike
 
Average Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 83
Default

Originally Posted by brewman555 View Post
Average Joe.....that's sounds kinda selfish don't you think....???...if I can't hunt on Sunday then I'm not for it ...... Even if we get Sunday hunting on private land only it's a start....and a good one...and within a year or two I'd bet you'll see Sunday Hunting will be allowed everywhere for everyone.....we as hunters have got to stop thinking Me....Me ....Me..... and think what's best for all of hunting.......
Don't really know why you think voting for everyone to be able to hunt on Sunday's is selfish? I'm almost 50 years old and bowhunting is a very important part of my life. I don't quite get why you think someone who only hunts public property should be happy sitting and waiting for the chance to come around so I can hunt with the big boys that get to hunt private lands? If you ask me I'm not the only one who's being narrow minded? Are you a public or private land hunter? BTW, yes it is selfish of me and I'm ok with that! I guess if hunting only on Sundays for private land hunters gets passed and there's a fee increase next year because of the additional hunting days then I should just suck it up and smile on that one too?

Last edited by Average Joe; 01-19-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Average Joe is offline  
Old 01-19-2012, 05:42 PM
  #13  
Nontypical Buck
 
VAhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: VA, USA
Posts: 3,116
Default

Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Don't really know why you think voting for everyone to be able to hunt on Sunday's is selfish? I'm almost 50 years old and bowhunting is a very important part of my life. I don't quite get why you think someone who only hunts public property should be happy sitting and waiting for the chance to come around so I can hunt with the big boys that get to hunt private lands? If you ask me I'm not the only one who's being narrow minded? Are you a public or private land hunter? BTW, yes it is selfish of me and I'm ok with that! I guess if hunting only on Sundays for private land hunters gets passed and there's a fee increase next year because of the additional hunting days then I should just suck it up and smile on that one too?
So it is either all or nothing for you? Why do you think there will be a fee increase? I do agree with you......everyone should be able to hunt on Sunday regardless of whether they hunt public or private property.
VAhuntr is offline  
Old 01-20-2012, 02:43 AM
  #14  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,661
Default

Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Don't really know why you think voting for everyone to be able to hunt on Sunday's is selfish? I'm almost 50 years old and bowhunting is a very important part of my life. I don't quite get why you think someone who only hunts public property should be happy sitting and waiting for the chance to come around so I can hunt with the big boys that get to hunt private lands? If you ask me I'm not the only one who's being narrow minded? Are you a public or private land hunter? BTW, yes it is selfish of me and I'm ok with that! I guess if hunting only on Sundays for private land hunters gets passed and there's a fee increase next year because of the additional hunting days then I should just suck it up and smile on that one too?
AJ... I didn't say that voting for everyone to hunt on Sunday was selfish.....but just because you don't have private land to hunt and you feel like it's everybody or nobody that is selfish....and yes I hunt on public land.....and I to love to bow hunt and have been bow hunting for over 40 years....and if Sunday hunting started on private land only I could live with that because within a year or two I know it would be allowed on public land too....explain to me why there would be a fee increase just because your allowed to hunt on Sunday.....
brewman555 is offline  
Old 01-20-2012, 03:18 PM
  #15  
Spike
 
Average Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 83
Default

Brewman555, I think there will be a fee increase because the fact that hunters are now allowed to hunt more days. I would be surprised if this was not the case.
I thought I was being unselfish by simply casting my name on the petition. I for the most part stay away from politics because I don't want it to negatively influence my favorite pastime (bowhunting), but I felt There were allot trying to do something to get Sunday hunting passed that I wanted to at least be a part of the petition. I honestly do not feel it's fair to exclude any hunters from being allowed to hunt on Sunday, so that's how I voted, but I guess I've done an injustice to the private land owners who hunt and I'm just thinking for myself? I guess I should have went with my gut and just stayed out of it? Ron
Average Joe is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 12:38 PM
  #16  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,661
Default

Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
Brewman555, I think there will be a fee increase because the fact that hunters are now allowed to hunt more days. I would be surprised if this was not the case.
I thought I was being unselfish by simply casting my name on the petition. I for the most part stay away from politics because I don't want it to negatively influence my favorite pastime (bowhunting), but I felt There were allot trying to do something to get Sunday hunting passed that I wanted to at least be a part of the petition. I honestly do not feel it's fair to exclude any hunters from being allowed to hunt on Sunday, so that's how I voted, but I guess I've done an injustice to the private land owners who hunt and I'm just thinking for myself? I guess I should have went with my gut and just stayed out of it? Ron
Average Joe ..... I really don't think there would be an increase in license fees because I think with Sunday hunting you would have more hunters hunting and that would bring an increase in revenue to the VDGIF.. .....and I agree with you hunting on Sunday should be for everyone not just those with private land...but if we can only get Sunday hunting on private land and only with bows....it would be a start.....and like I said before....within a year or two there will be Sunday hunting all season long......
brewman555 is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 05:33 PM
  #17  
Spike
 
Average Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 83
Default

I'm hearing there's a bill proposal out that will make the big game license go away. In its place will be separate licenses for each species. How much you want to bet there will be an increase in revenue there? I'm sure I will be included in the increase if and when that bill gets passed. I know all this is just negativity, but trust me, it will fuel my up coming archery season!

Last edited by Average Joe; 01-21-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Average Joe is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 06:02 PM
  #18  
Nontypical Buck
 
VAhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: VA, USA
Posts: 3,116
Default

Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
I'm hearing there's a bill proposal out that will make the big game license go away. In its place will be separate licenses for each species. How much you want to bet there will be an increase in revenue there? I'm sure I will be included in the increase if and when that bill gets passed.
I have not seen anything like that this year. There was a proposal last year to remove bear from the big game license. The VDGIF did not approve it.
VAhuntr is offline  
Old 01-22-2012, 04:15 AM
  #19  
Spike
 
Average Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 83
Default

This: http://www.richmondsunlight.com/bill/2012/hb338/ This link was posted by a member on Bowsite's Virginia forum (Bandicooter).

Last edited by Average Joe; 01-22-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Average Joe is offline  
Old 01-22-2012, 04:55 AM
  #20  
Nontypical Buck
 
VAhuntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: VA, USA
Posts: 3,116
Default

Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
This: http://www.richmondsunlight.com/bill/2012/hb338/ This link was posted by a member on Bowsite's Virginia forum (Bandicooter).
Thanks for the link. I had not seen this proposal. If you read VA code 29.1-305, the board already has the authority to separate the bear tag from the big game license. They studied adding a separate bear tag last year but did not. HB338 would give the Board the authority to separate deer and turkey as well. If you read VA Code 29.1-102 it explains who comprises the Board of Game & Inland Fisheries and what their role is.

If you go to the following link it tells just a little about what happened. You have to scroll down near the end of the article but it seems dog runners were behind this.

www.roanoke.com/outdoors/wb/285370
VAhuntr is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.