Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Coyote in VA.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know if Culpeper has one but I know Orange has a bounty on all coyotes killed. I'd check around. You might be able to make a buck or two while having a little fun at the same time. Yotes need to get whacked before people's pets and the deer start disappearing. They are devastating to the deer herd.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:33 AM
Spike

That they do! We have livestock farms all around our property so it's a haven for Coyote. Once deer season ends I can dedicate entire days to calling them in. Still trying to figure out the best way to bring 'em in.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DavidD.
Still trying to figure out the best way to bring 'em in.

Gut piles, dead animals/livestock and sitting over their den down wind. A little story for you. I hunt a farm in Fauquier and had the opportunity to hunt some yotes. The farm I hunt happened to have a cow die shortly after deer season and it was a haven for yotes for two or three days. I asked one of the hands if he could tow the cow to the tree line and he did just that. It was a turkey shoot on and off until they got savvy to a Match Grade .223 picking them off from a little over 100 yds away. It was, to me, the epitome of hunting yotes in Virginia. Never again have I had that much success hunting yotes Of course, farms don't have dead livestock on hand to feed the nuisance animals on a regular basis either.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Spike

I don't hunt private land, only public, but I'm hoping to do some coyote hunting on public land in Virginia, if there are many of them there.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:45 AM
Spike

I'm gonna have to try some luring with gut piles and what not, we have a lot of livestock around our property. Now to bring 'em in and take 'em out!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

I checked with Orange Co. and they are telling me that there is no bounty for Coyotes. I had heard that there was, but thats what the county said when I called. There is an unlimited trapping season for them, so I am going to hit them hard after rabbit season is over.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
Got followed out by one last Friday evening. Kept hearing something move walking back to my truck. I park at my buddies house and he has a pole light in his backyard. Up near my truck I stopped and waited sure enough off the edge of the woods he stepped out. Threw my flashlight up on him and he ran back in. Heard him scurry through woods over to some neighboring houses and their dogs went friggen nuts.

3rd coyote I have seen near me.
Use Krypt Keeper as yote bait.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mackesr
I checked with Orange Co. and they are telling me that there is no bounty for Coyotes. I had heard that there was, but thats what the county said when I called. There is an unlimited trapping season for them, so I am going to hit them hard after rabbit season is over.

I'm fairly certain that there was/is. I don't think the county is paying the bounty though. It might be the Farm Bureau or a Farmer's Union Co-Op. Pretty sure it was Madison and Orange. If not I apologize. But I was invited and have hunted coyotes for bounties in Orange before.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

Hey all. I'm going to try some coyote hunting on private land in faquier county in the near future.

I got a $50 gift card to cabelas for Xmas, and I just used it on a night vision monocular. I plan on spotting with the night vision, and then flicking on my weapon-mounted light once I've located one. I may try dragging a road kill corpse out to my hunting property, or I may just us my electronic call. I'll let you know how it goes.