Big Woods WMA in VA

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Big Woods WMA in VA

Old 12-05-2011, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dep
Update on Big Woods bagged a 10 pointer on Saturday
congrats on a public land buck, any pics?
Old 01-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Spike

I shot a nice 5x5 in BW November 2010, scored about 133. I haven't had a chance to go this year, but am thinking about going tomorrow morning.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Spike

Default BW

Hunted BW today for the first time. I saw plenty of tracks, but no deer. I'm curious to the ability for a successful still hunt with so much traffic on the access roads.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Spike

I'm planning to go next Saturday for birds. I know deer season is over after this Saturday in most places.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Spike

Packed for tomorrow. I'm hoping for a successful hunt. In and set up 30 minutes before the suns up. I hope everyone else will do the same to avoid disrupting moving deer.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Camo Mike
Hunted BW today for the first time. I saw plenty of tracks, but no deer. I'm curious to the ability for a successful still hunt with so much traffic on the access roads.
This old thread is still relevant, so I'll bring it back up. Went to BW today and saw at least 7 different vehicles. One being a car. All the trucks had dog boxes. Can't tell how many different clubs there were.
Traffic on access roads was pretty heavy. Dog clubs were there all day. This being a Tuesday, makes me wonder how heavy clubs and traffic is on a Sat. Spoke w/a bunch of club members and none of them saw anything. This area looks overhunted based on todays visit. There was limited gunfire at 9:30 a.m. and nothing the rest of the day. I can see I will need to do much scouting after season.