meeting with a couple VA Game Wardens >

meeting with a couple VA Game Wardens

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

meeting with a couple VA Game Wardens

Old 10-29-2011, 05:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
My local Senator did not support SB850 because he stated that he received more emails, letters, and phone calls from constituents that were against Sunday hunting, than were for it.

The legislators think the majority of hunters are against Sunday hunting, likely because of the efforts of the VAHDA. A "day of rest" is only one of the many reasons it is banned.
Send a letter to your State Senator that voted against Sunday hunting stating that you are considering voting for his opponent.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Eyedr
Send a letter to your State Senator that voted against Sunday hunting stating that you are considering voting for his opponent.
He is well aware of my feelings on this issue. He told me he does not have a problem with hunting on sundays if the majority of his constituents are in favor of it.

I have also contacted his opponent and asked his position on this issue but have not heard back.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:34 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
He is well aware of my feelings on this issue. He told me he does not have a problem with hunting on sundays if the majority of his constituents are in favor of it.

I have also contacted his opponent and asked his position on this issue but have not heard back.
This is the effort needed to have an impact. Keep it up.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Alex G.
KK.... I'm 100 and 50% in favor of Sunday Hunting.... but I'm trying to figure out where the CPO's are getting their info from? Are they immersed in the VA Legislative process to the point that they know what bills are going to be introduced this year? and also know who will be in office and the way that they will vote?
If they made the statement based on the VDGIF's open support of SH they are still wrong...
This I am not sure of. He did mention that Virginia is 1 of 7 states that does not allow Sunday hunting. The number of people wanting Sunday hunting is basically so great now that it appears the state has no choice but to take it serious, and guess the "day of rest" excuse is getting old and wearing thin.