Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Anyone Hunt Va. on Sat? >

Anyone Hunt Va. on Sat?

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Anyone Hunt Va. on Sat?

Old 10-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default Anyone Hunt Va. on Sat?

Anybody do any good on Sat? I did not see a deer from daybreak until about 6pm. A guy that hunts on our lease shot a decent six pointer and when he fired up his ATV to go retrieve it he spooked four deer by my stand but they were doing about eighty broadside, LOL. Another friend shot a spike on that same lease. I am going to try and get back out on Thurs. evening while it is still nice and cool out. Not bad weather for bow season in Va.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

weather was great my way except the wind, couldnt hear worth a crap til about 6-615pm when it completely stopped and got dead quiet. didnt see much in the morning but saw about 10 does in a bean field in the evening. had some deer working their way through a wet bottom towards me around 615 and i could eventually hear them walking my way through the leaves and about the time i thought i was gonna see one, some guy in a field about 200yds away shoots a gun and the field cleans out and the deer in the woods haul tail away also. stayed in the stand til right at dark and never saw or heard anything else. will be back out this sat and will try again. hope everyone else did better than i did
Old 10-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Spike

I hunted on saturday at my hunt club in Spotsylvania. I didn't see him but had a big buck snorting below me. He came walking in and was so loud I swore it was another hunter. I was getting mad if it was. Kept looking for a head light but never saw one . Then i heard the snorting and gruffing. I had a couple of doe scents up. It was dark and no way to see him. I text my friend across the farm that either a big @ss dear came by me or I just heard Big Foot! Never saw anything after that. I think my spot is an evening spot. Going to hunt it thursday evening and look for the big guy!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

A guy on my hunt club saw a bachelor group of half a dozen bucks and shot a nice 7 point in the morning.

I didn't see anything in the morning, which I was surprised of because it was a really good stand last year. I think the travel patterns may have changed. In the evening I changed locations and saw one small doe and then saw a doe and small fawn at last light. The fawn was absolutely tiny, could have been less than 20 lbs. I've never seen a fawn that small this time of year before.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Hunted Pittsylvania county and bumped one walking in in the morning which was it for the morning session. Saw 3 does in the afternoon but none of them came closer than 50 yards. Hunting Albemarle tomorrow!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

I saw 13 deer, only 1 buck. He was a little 6 pt, not big enough to meet my club's minimum requirements. Six of the does came in range, but they were all together and I had too many eyes on me to get drawn on them.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

Saw a bunch of deer in the morning, small bucks and mature doe with yearlings. Wind got up good about 8am and by 830 to 845 started blowing too much.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:16 AM
Spike

I went Saturday, but I didn't see anything. The wind was blowing hard and precip was a falling. This is my first year of bow hunting since 1996, fell out of tree stand. Hopefully, tomorrow will be different.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Accomac area hunting

hello,
I am visiting my elderly uncle in Accomac area, and wanted to know if someone could point me to a place with some good deer to hunt.

I have been researching with no real leads.......would appreciate it alot.

thanks again....and good hunting
Old 11-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt around my house as I have a field and some woods around. For the complete story see my post in the blackpowder forum here. In short, I saw 7 does and 3 bucks and of couse I shot the smallest of the three.