Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

2011 VA archery thread

Old 09-28-2011, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

I heard we should expect winds all day in the 30mph range too.... :-(
Old 09-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Spike

I am super pumped! Watching youtube hunting everyday getting myself ready. I don't know how the deer will be affected by all the rain we have had but I can tell you that the friggin mosquitos are deadly! They have been crazy with all this moisture! My thermacell will be cranking on saturday.

Good luck to everyone.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

High of 57 degrees with a chance of rain after 2pm on Saturday.

The temperature is going to drop around 20 degrees between Friday and Saturday morning.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Spike

Ya but it looks like the winds will be WNW at about 15 which is a lot better than 30!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

I am pumped that I am one wake up away from hunting deer again! I was checking my deer stands two weekends ago and glad that I did. I dont know if it was the winds from Irene or what, but my ratchet straps on two ladder stands had snapped off the tree. I brought some more last saturday and made them safe again. On my favorite stand has been a bunch of coon crap and it looks to be a good sized one! I am going to have to kick his butt out of that stand tomorrow morning, LOL. The acorns are not as thick this year and the soybeans are looking really good, so hopefully the deer will be feeding hard in the moring. Especially with no rain and cool weather. Good luck to everyone.......