Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Verify a South Carolina Rut Prediction >

Verify a South Carolina Rut Prediction

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Verify a South Carolina Rut Prediction

Old 10-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

I live and hunt in NE NC, I usually can sense the Rut pretty well. I used to go by that Deer and Deer Hunting predictions, but have found it not accurate enough for the working man.

I also saw the rut last year was early and well over by the mid second week in Nov. best time last year was on Holloween.

I am predicting the same this year. We are getting a front moving through right now and temps will drop, I have already seen young bucks chasing last weekend, one actually chased a doe away that I was getting ready to drop for dinner

This front, and cold snap will put prime time next weekendish aswell, which we are supposed to have more cooler air move in late next week. I could all but gaurantee that by the full moon on Nov. 10th the chasing and seeking phase will be over, and all the buck will be tending and locked up in the bedrooms with the chicks.

don't forget it's not peak rut or breeding we want to hunt per say, the best in my opinion is the Chase /Seeking phases that the buck run ramped.

Just my opinion
Old 10-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't seen much daytime activity in the SC Lowcountry until last Saturday. I saw 4 bucks, 2 which were hot on the heels of does.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:54 AM
Spike

You should be able to catch the rut. It seems the last cold snap last weekend triggered things. I have buddies that hunt all over the state and each said they have seen the bucks starting to chase. Good luck hunting SC.

Of course I didn't see a thing when I went Saturday but I'm blaming the dogs that ran through my field for that.