Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Any VA Walmarts that sell guns? >

Any VA Walmarts that sell guns?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Any VA Walmarts that sell guns?

Old 05-03-2011, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

hubby11 ....... if you know what your looking for jump on 95 and go to Ashland ..... Just south of Ashland theres Bass Pro Shops ..... Dick`s ....Gander Mountain and Green Top all within 5 min of each other....One of them should have what your looking for......
Old 05-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by brewman555
hubby11 ....... if you know what your looking for jump on 95 and go to Ashland ..... Just south of Ashland theres Bass Pro Shops ..... Dick`s ....Gander Mountain and Green Top all within 5 min of each other....One of them should have what your looking for......

brewman555, thanks, I know about Gander, Bass Pro and Green Top (my favorite). Problem is, they are 90 min rides from me and with gas prices these days, it makes for a pricy trip. Why there is nothing in NOVA (I don't count Dick's) is beyond me.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Spike

You might already know about them, but National Pawnbrokers in Arlington, Dicks in Fairfax, and Guns & Ammo Warehouse in Manassas all have guns and are worth checking out.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

There aren`t many places that sell guns in NOVA because NOVA is close to DC.......DC = LIBERALS ........ Liberals = ANTI - GUN ....... Anti - gun = no guns in NOVA ........
Old 05-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by brewman555
There aren`t many places that sell guns in NOVA because NOVA is close to DC.......DC = LIBERALS ........ Liberals = ANTI - GUN ....... Anti - gun = no guns in NOVA ........
I have to disagree with your argument here. The NRA is headquartered in Fairfax and has an indoor range. Blue Ridge Arsenal is in Chantilly and also has an indoor range. The Clark Bros Gun shop in Warrenton has an outdoor range. There are several outdoor clubs/ranges around to shoot at. The Nations Gun Show happens three times a year about 5 miles from Dulles Airport. There are numerous big box stores, pawn shops, and gun shops around the area that have firearms. You can still get your CHP like you can anywhere else in VA. True it's a big city environment, but your logic doesn't hold up for VA. If you change that to MD or DC you're spot on.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jwill
I have to disagree with your argument here. The NRA is headquartered in Fairfax and has an indoor range. Blue Ridge Arsenal is in Chantilly and also has an indoor range. The Clark Bros Gun shop in Warrenton has an outdoor range. There are several outdoor clubs/ranges around to shoot at. The Nations Gun Show happens three times a year about 5 miles from Dulles Airport. There are numerous big box stores, pawn shops, and gun shops around the area that have firearms. You can still get your CHP like you can anywhere else in VA. True it's a big city environment, but your logic doesn't hold up for VA. If you change that to MD or DC you're spot on.

Glad to hear they have all that stuff up their.....

Then why is hubby11 saying there is no place in NOVA to buy a gun....???...
Old 05-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Spike

Maybe walmart had a good deal on something he wanted?

I lived up there for a few years and never felt like there was a shortage of places to buy guns or to shoot for that matter, just takes a while to find the places. I'm sure glad I don't live there any more though.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Spike

The Walmarts in Rochester NY area stopped selling rifle and shotguns years ago! It's too bad, I used to think Walmart was for hunters and gun ownership. Not anymore!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did not realize this thread was still going on.

Just to clarify why I originally posted. I am not a huge fan of Walmart but will go there to stock up on the basics. I often hear of the close-out sales at the end of the season at Walmart, where bullets, powder and other supplies are steeply discounted. Those stores that do not sell firearms usually have very little, if any, of the typical hunting supplies. That’s why I wanted to know what stores in VA (I’m in Clifton Fairfax county), relatively close to the beltway, still sold guns. Looks like Warrenton has the closest, and will be worth a trip in season.

Regarding my comment on the lack of stores in northern Virginia, I guess I should have been more specific to say Fairfax County, close to DC. For hunters, there is virtually nothing. Clark’s Bros is almost an hour away, so is Loudon Guns. Gander Mountain and Bass Pro are also too far for a quick drive. All the local gun shops mainly cater to the tactical crowd. That basically leaves Dicks’s, which IMO is barely a step above Walmart. When I moved here five years ago, I was pretty surprised that there were no independent hunting (or fishing) shops in the immediate area.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

I believe Dawson's Gun Shop on Rt 1 just below Woodbridge is still there. Their info,

Dawson's Small Arms of the World
14510 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Woodbridge, VA 22191
703-490-3308

They have a decent selection of items ranging from reloading to archery to tatical to clothing. I don't think you will find end of the year clearances in there though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.