HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any VA Walmarts that sell guns?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 06:30 AM
hubby11
Nontypical Buck

Did not realize this thread was still going on.

Just to clarify why I originally posted. I am not a huge fan of Walmart but will go there to stock up on the basics. I often hear of the close-out sales at the end of the season at Walmart, where bullets, powder and other supplies are steeply discounted. Those stores that do not sell firearms usually have very little, if any, of the typical hunting supplies. That’s why I wanted to know what stores in VA (I’m in Clifton Fairfax county), relatively close to the beltway, still sold guns. Looks like Warrenton has the closest, and will be worth a trip in season.

Regarding my comment on the lack of stores in northern Virginia, I guess I should have been more specific to say Fairfax County, close to DC. For hunters, there is virtually nothing. Clark’s Bros is almost an hour away, so is Loudon Guns. Gander Mountain and Bass Pro are also too far for a quick drive. All the local gun shops mainly cater to the tactical crowd. That basically leaves Dicks’s, which IMO is barely a step above Walmart. When I moved here five years ago, I was pretty surprised that there were no independent hunting (or fishing) shops in the immediate area.