Anti hunting group in Va >

Anti hunting group in Va

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Anti hunting group in Va

Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Alex G.
Special groups vapahunter? Last read anyone could coon hunt until 2am on sundays. And racoons are the only thing that you can hunt. I know I know... the definition of hunting is chasin as well... but ifn you cant shoot it in somewayshapeorform then it aint huntin. SO where is the "special group" that your referring to?

Sorry but the VDGIF and the law of the state of Virginia disagree with you.If you are chasing animals you are hunting. That is the law so whether you like it or not you should have a license and ARE HUNTING. Also game preserve are hunting birds on Sundays. So you need to get more educated on the laws of the state. You are one of the special group I am talking about by LAW you are allowed to HUNT and deer hunters are not. You are a special group of hunters.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Spike

Here are my responses to the failed attempt to justify the current laws regarding Sunday hunting

Originally Posted by vapahunter
The Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance has adopted a position opposing hunting on Sunday for many reasons. It is first and foremost an expression of the vast majority of our membership, even though all may not subscribe to all of the stated reasons in this paper.

1. The first and foremost reason is our faith. The Fourth Commandment is reason enough to oppose hunting on Sunday. "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. We also recognize that
the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

If this were the case, then we as a society should also close all golf courses, fishing waters, hiking trails, shopping malls, grocery stores, sporting events etc.... This has absolutely no argument in regards to limiting hunting to only Monday-Friday.

2. We believe that all can use a day of rest. It is a time to recover and reflect. You may look for lost dogs or game animals, declared by the law to be hunting, but the retrieval of lost sheep is consistent with the gospel. We believe that the hunted also benefit from the day of rest.

Again, if you are for the Sabbath and your day of rest, why would you be out looking for your dogs on a Sunday?

3. We believe landowners want a day to rest. To enjoy the quiet of their property, absent their guests of the rest of the week, no matter how welcome they may be at other times. Sunday is a day of reflection.

It is their private land. They can decide to allow or not allow hunting on their property on Sundays. Again if you are reflecting, you should NOT be out picking up your dogs from the woods on Sundays.

4. We believe that even the most supportive families would benefit from this positive statement of family values.

You manage your family and I will manage mine. Our family enjoys the time in the woods together. We also golf together, hike together and travel together. If hunting is an issue with YOUR family on Sundays, stay home.

5. Other outdoor users appreciate a day to themselves. Without this day, they may turn against the selfish
hunters who demand hunting on Sunday and place all hunting at risk. Remember all hunting is not done on large private tracts.

Private land owners can control how their land is being utilized. There are also 38 other Sundays throughout the year that are available to the public to enjoy their outdoor activities if they want to avoid hunters.

6. Virginia has the most generous limits on deer kill of any state in the nation. No hunter, no matter how they plead otherwise, is so deprived as not to be able to find an opportunity to hunt during the long seasons. We acknowledge that some of our number have a limited number of vacation days, but believe that resulting public opinion would inescapably be negative, and give antihunters a big hammer to bludgeon us with.

Many of todays productive members of society work Mon-
Sat and lose time in the woods because of this archaic law.

7. Modern wildlife management bases its hunting seasons on range carrying capacities, species reproductive rates and mortality rates. One significant factor in determining any hunting season is the number of animals harvested by hunters. The number of animals harvested by hunters is determined by man-days a field times the success rate. Most studies have shown that typically 40% of total man-hours of hunting occur on Saturday. The addition of Sunday would be certain to require the eventual adjustment of the seasons for most if not all species that are hunted. This would result in the eventual shortening of the hunting season.

Many states (a majority currently in the US) allow Sunday hunting and their wildlife is managed just fine. Lets let the wildlife biologists manage the deer herd numbers than make blanket speculations.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Eyedr, My thoughts exactly. Very well stated!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

I am a dog hunter as well as still hunter during bow and blackpowder. I personally would not hunt on sundays due to church then football. BUT I am for sunday hunting. Who am I or anyone else to say that if a hunter wants to go out and hunt on sundays they cant? If other dog hunters do not want to hunt on sundays but look for dogs then so be it. Dont allow dog hunting on sunday or keep your dogs up on sundays. Still hunters or shall I say all hunters should be allowed to make their own decisions if they want to hunt on sundays. If private land owners do not want hunters on their land on sunday then so be it. It should be the choice of the individual and not that of the state who most of them do not know a thing about hunting. I am lucky and get ALOT of time to hunt but alot of hunters are not so lucky so why shouldnt they be allowed to have a quality family or peaceful day in the woods hunting. It bafels me that you can get drunk at a bar on sunday's, TV shows that are moraly incorrect are shown on sundays,beer is sold on sundays, You can do all sorts of things on sundays that religious people would find wrong but you cant go and hunt?????????? I say yes to sunday hunting and if you dont like it then dont go!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well said deerdogdude.......Many of us feel the same way......I hope the State says Yes to Sunday Hunting and allows us to decide if we want to Hunt on Sundays or not....
Old 01-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

Why does 1 group of people get to choose for the hunting community as a whole.If you dont want to hunt on sunday then dont.Dont mess it up for those of us that do.Also according to the Govt Religion has no place in a political arguement which is essentially what this is.This is 1 of those touchy subjects that always has and always will keep Va hunters divided.Religion and Politics aside I'm for sunday hunting...
Old 01-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deerdogdude
I am a dog hunter as well as still hunter during bow and blackpowder. I personally would not hunt on sundays due to church then football. BUT I am for sunday hunting. Who am I or anyone else to say that if a hunter wants to go out and hunt on sundays they cant? If other dog hunters do not want to hunt on sundays but look for dogs then so be it. Dont allow dog hunting on sunday or keep your dogs up on sundays. Still hunters or shall I say all hunters should be allowed to make their own decisions if they want to hunt on sundays. If private land owners do not want hunters on their land on sunday then so be it. It should be the choice of the individual and not that of the state who most of them do not know a thing about hunting. I am lucky and get ALOT of time to hunt but alot of hunters are not so lucky so why shouldnt they be allowed to have a quality family or peaceful day in the woods hunting. It bafels me that you can get drunk at a bar on sunday's, TV shows that are moraly incorrect are shown on sundays,beer is sold on sundays, You can do all sorts of things on sundays that religious people would find wrong but you cant go and hunt?????????? I say yes to sunday hunting and if you dont like it then dont go!

Very well stated. I would like to let you know that I'm not against deer hunting with dogs...even though I don't hunt that way myself. All hunters and 2nd Amendment supporters for that matter, need to stick together during times like these. The anti hunting and anti 2nd amendment people love to divide us on sensitive issues such as these.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Guys,
I deleted my other post..I'm sure I may wet a line on a Sunday ..maybe even hunt on Sunday..I don't want to be a hypocrite..I don't normally hunt or fish..but occasionally I may..so I deleted my other post.
Thanks for understanding,
Chuck7
Old 01-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Guys,
I deleted my other post..I'm sure I may wet a line on a Sunday ..maybe even hunt on Sunday..I don't want to be a hypocrite..I don't normally hunt or fish..but occasionally I may..so I deleted my other post.
Thanks for understanding,
Chuck7

I have a lot of respect for you Chuck7....even before you deleted your post. That honesty took some guts!

For me Sunday hunting is more about the choice. I most likely would not hunt on Sunday mornings, but I would hunt Sunday afternoons.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I appreciate that sir...my feelings exactly...and to be totally honest with ya..my most spiritual times ..are up there in that climber...I always take my New Testament and always get blessed ...and sometimes I even get a deer { -;

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.