florida hunting question >

florida hunting question

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

florida hunting question

Old 01-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Spike

Question florida hunting question

ok in florida theirs 2 places to hunt private land and wma correct?

now i just picked up one of those hunting pamphlets with the species and season dates and all that in it.

well those dates dont have anything to do with wma dates and seasons correct? they have there own and its specific to the land.

so that leaves private land. where im lost is that i thought if its your land that you could shoot whatever when ever cause its your land so can some one learn me some info on this please.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Dominant Buck

I beleive hog season on private property is all year night or day..
Old 01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
I beleive hog season on private property is all year night or day..
That's Correct!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

go to myfwc.com
Old 01-20-2011, 03:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by hog man
where im lost is that i thought if its your land that you could shoot whatever when ever cause its your land so can some one learn me some info on this please.
As others mentioned, check the hunting regulations posted on the FWC website. You can hunt hogs year round on private property because they are considered "domestic animals on private property". Not applicable to WMAs where they are considered game animals subject to specific seasons. On private property you can also hunt rabbit, raccoon, coyote, beaver, skunk, nutria and opposum year round.

Although you own land, you don't own "game animals" (i.e. Deer, turkey, others) therefore, you can't shoot them all the time, only during open seasons.

Just read the FWC weekly reports to see how many people get busted for killing game outside of the open seasons.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by LoloBond; 01-20-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by LoloBond
Although you own land, you don't own "game animals" (i.e. Deer, turkey, others) therefore, you can't shoot them all the time, only during open seasons.
huh did not know that now it makes sense. suck though i liked my private land idea better

thanks for the info i was on the fwc scite earlyer but i was still figuring out how to navigate it ima go on there later tonight and do some more reading.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Dominant Buck

on private land..hogs are open all year ..night or day..enjoy.
if ya need help..let me know { -;
Old 01-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

You can not spot light hunt anything in Florida no matter if private or public property unless the land owner / you apply for and have in your hand the appropriate crop depredation permits and gun/light at night permits and call the number on the permit to let the game wardens where you will be shooting.

If you are taking animals at night with out the proper permits you will get fined and/or arrested.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Big Bulls,
Do you live in FLorida ? Honestly, I know people all the time that shoot hogs on thier property..The hogs are considered nuisnases,,,

However; you may be right..I will check it out.

I checked..I stand corrected ..BIg Bulls is correct..you need this permit..

Destructive Wildlife - Gun and Light at Night Permit

More Information...Purpose

The Gun and Light at Night Permit allows farmers, ranchers and others to use a gun and light at night to take (kill) certain wildlife that are causing damage to crops and/or livestock on land that they own or with the written permission of the landowner.
This permit allows...
  1. The permit holder and up to 6 assistants named on the permit to use a gun and light at night to take (kill) certain wildlife that are causing destruction of crops and/or livestock.
  2. The landowner - or the permit holder with written permission of the landowner - to take certain wildlife with a gun and light at night on their land.
  3. To take certain wildlife that are causing damage only in the immediate area where the damage to crops and/or livestock is taking place.
  4. The taking (killing) of the selected wildlife causing damage: armadillo, beaver, bobcat, coyote, fox, possum, rabbit, raccoon, skunk or hog.
  5. Under special restrictions, deer causing damage to crops can be harassed (scared) with a gun and light at night under this permit when authorized.
  6. Both the permit and written permission of the landowner, if applicable, must accompany each person while using a gun and light at night under the terms of the permit.
  7. In many cases the method of taking the wildlife causing damage under this permit is limited to using a rimfire rifle.
  8. Before engaging in the permitted activities you must call 1-888-404-3922 to inform the Commission of the date and time of the planned permitted activity.

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-25-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
You can not spot light hunt anything in Florida no matter if private or public property unless the land owner / you apply for and have in your hand the appropriate crop depredation permits and gun/light at night permits and call the number on the permit to let the game wardens where you will be shooting.

If you are taking animals at night with out the proper permits you will get fined and/or arrested.

Florida Hog Hunts With landowner permission, there is no closed season, bag limit or size limit for ... Florida wild hogs are at their most vulnerable when they're near their ...
www.floridagameandfish.com

We run dogs......No firearms, Knife only..

Last edited by Rebel Hog; 01-26-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.