HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - florida hunting question
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Big Bulls,
Do you live in FLorida ? Honestly, I know people all the time that shoot hogs on thier property..The hogs are considered nuisnases,,,

However; you may be right..I will check it out.

I checked..I stand corrected ..BIg Bulls is correct..you need this permit..

Destructive Wildlife - Gun and Light at Night Permit

More Information...Purpose

The Gun and Light at Night Permit allows farmers, ranchers and others to use a gun and light at night to take (kill) certain wildlife that are causing damage to crops and/or livestock on land that they own or with the written permission of the landowner.
This permit allows...
  1. The permit holder and up to 6 assistants named on the permit to use a gun and light at night to take (kill) certain wildlife that are causing destruction of crops and/or livestock.
  2. The landowner - or the permit holder with written permission of the landowner - to take certain wildlife with a gun and light at night on their land.
  3. To take certain wildlife that are causing damage only in the immediate area where the damage to crops and/or livestock is taking place.
  4. The taking (killing) of the selected wildlife causing damage: armadillo, beaver, bobcat, coyote, fox, possum, rabbit, raccoon, skunk or hog.
  5. Under special restrictions, deer causing damage to crops can be harassed (scared) with a gun and light at night under this permit when authorized.
  6. Both the permit and written permission of the landowner, if applicable, must accompany each person while using a gun and light at night under the terms of the permit.
  7. In many cases the method of taking the wildlife causing damage under this permit is limited to using a rimfire rifle.
  8. Before engaging in the permitted activities you must call 1-888-404-3922 to inform the Commission of the date and time of the planned permitted activity.

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-25-2011 at 11:54 PM.