Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Virginia Senate Bill 850 >

Virginia Senate Bill 850

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Senate Bill 850

Old 01-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

Remember there are groups of hunters out there that oppose Sunday Hunting to the point they will lie about who and what they represent. There are large organizations out there also that will stand in front of this committee and say all their members are against Sunday Hunting and they have never polled the members. .

Any senator that votes against his bill is a hypocrite if he does not immediately introduce a bill to stop all current hunting that is allowed on Sunday. We are talking about Bear and raccon hunting until 2 am on sundays, private preserve and fox pen hunting all day on sunday. Also remind them that most state parks are closed to hunting anyway and thier campgrounds close from Dec 1 until Mar 1 so there are very few people in the woods on Sunday during these times anyway. When was the last time you saw a horse back rider in December anywhere in the woods. This can be passed this year with an all out effort.

Sen Petersen needs all the ammunition he can get and the others nned to see how many more support this bill than are against it. Show them where the hunters of Virginia and this country really stand on this issue.

Last edited by vapahunter; 01-26-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

Well put VaPa.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Folks,
Thanks for the Heads Up! I just now finished sending email to both my House Delegate and Senator.

This instance of a "Blue Law" has outlived its purpose and benefit to the state community and it is high time it is put to rest!!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just wrote my senator McDougle and asked him to vote YES on SB 850......i believe if every hunter that WANTS hunting on Sundays would call or write their elected official we would get this bill passed........Lets hope next season we`ll all be able to HUNT on SUNDAY.....
Old 01-24-2011, 06:07 AM
Spike

It appears that Senator Dave Marsden of Fairfax Va is on the fence on this issue. Even if you do not live in his district, Sen. Marsden needs to hear from us hunters. Get those letters/emails out!

[email protected]
Old 01-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Eyedr
It appears that Senator Dave Marsden of Fairfax Va is on the fence on this issue. Even if you do not live in his district, Sen. Marsden needs to hear from us hunters. Get those letters/emails out!

[email protected]

I sent Senator Marsden an email this afternoon.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

Be wary as this will come up for a vote on Monday Jan 31. Many of the anti Sunday group willbe there in mass in Camo's to try and influence the vote. As many supporters should be their also but please dress nicely to conteract the redneck looking influence that will be there. Intimidation should not be used to get a vote. Hopefully it will be a vote where each and ever Senate member has to show where they stand on this issue. Come one come all to support this bill.