Citrus & Richloam >

Citrus & Richloam

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Citrus & Richloam

Old 01-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Spike

Default Citrus & Richloam

I'm thinking about some early scouting in mabey April or May but I have never been to either of these WMA's. I have always hunted Camp Blanding but have grown tired of them changing dates or shutting it down without notifying permit holders.
Anyone have any good places to look or scout in these areas or any areas close by? When is the rut there?
Any info appreciated. Is 4x4 necessary?
Thanks
GC
Old 02-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Fork Horn

no 4x4 required in citrus but you need one in richloam. There are so many dog hunters in richloam the deer are going to be running around crazy so no need to scout that early other than to get to know the area.

Citrus has much later seasons than most of the other WMA's so you'll be hunting closer to the rut. good luck and hope this helps.

Croom is in between those two WMA's and might be a good place to look also. Lots of good bucks killed there this season.

Last edited by Alpine_Archer; 08-22-2011 at 06:33 AM.