Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Large tract of land in VA..interest?????? >

Large tract of land in VA..interest??????

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Large tract of land in VA..interest??????

Old 01-11-2010, 04:09 AM
Fork Horn

Question Large tract of land in VA..interest??????

Ok, I am trying to see who and how much interest there would be in a tract of land before I move forward with it. This tract is between 5,600 and 6,900 acres which is mostly continuous, those that are not directly adjoining are within 5 minutes from what I can tell. The tract is a mix of pine plantations(young and very old), hardwoods with swamp/water sources and some clearings on it. It has a trail and road system through it already that looks pretty extensive. It is located between Richmond and Hampton Rds (general area). I know it holds alot (I mean alot) of deer, it holds turkeys, rabbits and looking at the habitat I am sure it holds some upland birds as well, I imagine the swamps/ponds hold waterfowl pretty well too.

I have been asked by the landowner if we would be interested in leasign it anf if so to make a lease offer on it as they are unhappy with the current lease holders. I am trying to get a feel as to who and how much interest there would be in something like this to see if it is worth my effort to put together a formal offer on it. I do not want to waste my or the landowners time if there is not interest enough to pursue it.

If not enough interest I will just concentrait on the land in Hanover, Northern Neck and fredericksburg/NOVA areas that we have been offered or have been in talks with the landowners already. I will clarify that I will continue with these regardless of the interest in this large tract as I know the interest I have for these areas.

For those who do not know we are mainly a still hunting club (we may do some man drives on certain tracts the last few days of season to get deer up on their feet but only if everyone agrees at the time) we are also QDM and Family valued - no drunks in the woods hunting with us.