Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Snow!!!

Old 12-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Snow!!!

Looks like we are going to get our first GOOD snowstorm this year. Time to go and see where they are hiding.

How do you think the deer will react to the snow. we are not a big snow state and its been sometime since I have hunted in it.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Fork Horn

During the storm the will be bedded up in the thickest heaviest cover they can find. As soon as it lets up or stops they will be out feeding like crazy. I have hunted a number of snow events here in VA over the years, both down here in this region and up in the mountains and they always react the same around here.

Tomorrow will not be the best day to hunt, today will be excellent as they will be on their feet feeding like crazy and then again on Monday will be good as well too.

I am sure there will be some deer moving tomorrowing but not alot, just like a heavy rain.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

It snowing here now just above Asheville. Should be headed your way!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Spike

Getting nothing but rain here...Charlotte also rain...north of here, 3+ inches
Old 12-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

Since Sunday is a no hunting day, and its gonna be coming down hard tomorrow, I am planning on getting out Monday early and tracking the heck out of them. Have a few places I want to go check out.

Anyone else taking Monday off to hunt?
Old 12-19-2009, 03:12 AM
Spike

I am supposed to work on Monday, and getting to my hunting land might not be possible due to snow. That being said, I am calling in sick and doing my damdest to get out to my land and fill my last two tags.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Was planning on hunting AP Hill today, but they're closed to hunting today due to the weather.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Well I did not get out Saturday and with 20 inches of snow on the ground I cant leave the pavement and that just suck. I have been waiting for snow for years to find deer in some areas that are just to hard to scout. Most of my friends are out making money with their trucks. maybe I'll get out before Christmas.
Happy Holidays to all.