Ma scored woohoooo >

Ma scored woohoooo

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Ma scored woohoooo

Old 11-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ma scored woohoooo

I was tobys hunting buddy again this past weekend....we decided to hunt old faithful...I walked in before Toby and I had a herd of pigs come running down the road towards me, I yipped like a lil girl, lol....I'm fast when I have to be, lol. They just didn't see or smell me and kept on trucking......
Toby finally caught up to me...I puked 3 times going in but I was hunting...I had missed sat. because of the stomach virus and this was last time I could for deer at Toso. .
I finally broke down and listened to Toby's advice....I have too many times and I've been all hopeful, only to be knocked down, so I was hesitant....but I did.
Got to the stand location, a huge boar hog came by, I thought about shooting him, but I had just gotten there and there was lots of rooting, so I knew I'd see more.......so I let him walk and I'm kinda kicking myself, he had some big ole teeth on him, oh well....hog / dog hunts are coming up....
anyway, I'm sittiing there, still as can be, just moving my head for awhile, I'd turn to the right, then to the left, on my way back to the right I see this deer right in front of me, it's like " oh $%^&. there's a deer", then it's like "oh $%^&, it's a buck, don't look at the antlers", I set my crosshairs right behind the shoulder and I sqeezed the trigger...it happened that quick...it kicked and took off in a trot, I thought I missed, but he kicked, I just didn't know, I didn't hear crashing but I didn't hear him fall either.....it was about 45 sec. after my shot, Toby called, I told him what happened and he was on his way with the cart, I told him not to jinx it, to leave the cart, lol....he asked if I was shaking,not yet,lol... I was afraid to shake thinking I had screwed it up again...after I hung up with him, I couldn't help it any longer and I sat there convulsing in the stand, lol....he got there and we looked for blood, nothing, oh nooooooo.....my heart sunk....then Toby found blood about 12 yds. from where i shot him, good lung blood, then nothing......he walked the path of least resistance looking and i went back to the last blood, he had turned ,I found more, and more and more......it was everywhere,spraying all over everything .... I started gagging, dry heaving....I was overly excited.....I was so close to getting my buck...I couldn't stop.....we went about 100 yds. in total, then he stopped, he got so excited, he said look at him, thought he was messing with me, I couldn't see him anywhere, lol...then i saw him, i gave him a huge hug and a strawberry cheescake, lol.....he said , it's an 8 point......Nooo way, lol....he could of been a one sided fork for all I knew when I shot him, I saw antler and curl, thats all i needed to look at before I shot him...it was over, this no buck monkey was off my back ....he was beautiful....gray face, alot of gray on his legs,big feet, looked like a 4.5 year old, but he turned out to be a 2.5 yr. old, 128 lbs., 13'' inside spread...Toby then confessed he had brought the cart, lol...he knew I couldn't of missed @ 17 yds with my 243...first time I shot something with it and it didn't drop, I was freaking out.....all I could think about is the horror story of how they don't bleed with 243's. blah blah blah...It was emotional to say the least, lol...I'm going to get him mounted of course...
He's not a monster but he's MY buck, woohooooooooo. I hunt so hard, harder and longer than most folks out there, so many days I'd think today will be the day and I've come so close only to be knocked down and for it to finally happen the way i imagined it is such a blessing and a wonderful feeling.....I know none of this would of happened without God and his help.
Here he is....and yes, thats his blood on my cheek, finally......woohoooooo

me and toby with my buck :gr

i also got a pig this season actually 2, but i didn't find the one until after the buzzards found it...
Old 12-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good for you. Sounds like you really earned him. It is a great feeling when it all comes together.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

good job, and keep it up!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

wow very nice way to go and congrats!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Spike

way to go nice deer
Old 12-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Spike

Way to go!!!1 At least someone got one up there!!!What a trooper you got heart thats all i can say being sick and all!!
Old 12-05-2009, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats. Great story, great buck. You done good girl.

GO GATORS!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Beautiful pics...great story ..great buck..!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats huntnma!!!

and you as well Greenswampman for your buck..

C7
Old 12-10-2009, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks y'all, it took 10 years but I finally got a racked buck....I still tickled pink....probably relive the hunt everyday for the rest of my life, lol......