Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Nasty weather tomorrow in VA >

Nasty weather tomorrow in VA

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Nasty weather tomorrow in VA

Old 10-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by HoytSpeed
happens to the best of us. I did the same thing last saturday. Better safe than sorry right!

you plan on being out saturday morning?
I was out Saturday, from 5:30 about 11:00 then 2:30 to 6:15 and let me tell you, I was freaking freezing. It was so cold and miserable. Saw a doe across the creek where my blind is, went to clip my release on she saw me somehow and ran off. Then just before it got too dark to shoot, another doe was standing right in front of me, my dad decided he was to cold to go on and left his stand, came up behind me not knowing there was a deer there and spooked her too. It was more depressing than usual because it was miserable all day.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

Tell me about it, I got on stand around 6, I was already soaked from going in, got in my treestand, put on a dry shirt....I even had a treestand umbrella which helped, but not when the wind is blowing. It was a little cold.

I saw 7 does before i even got on stand, guess the deer were moving all night long

Originally Posted by bradseabridge
I was out Saturday, from 5:30 about 11:00 then 2:30 to 6:15 and let me tell you, I was freaking freezing. It was so cold and miserable. Saw a doe across the creek where my blind is, went to clip my release on she saw me somehow and ran off. Then just before it got too dark to shoot, another doe was standing right in front of me, my dad decided he was to cold to go on and left his stand, came up behind me not knowing there was a deer there and spooked her too. It was more depressing than usual because it was miserable all day.