Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Nasty weather tomorrow in VA >

Nasty weather tomorrow in VA

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Nasty weather tomorrow in VA

Old 10-16-2009, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

This rain has been pretty awesome, granted it sucks to sit in, but with the cold air the deer are going a little crazy. Been seeing some good deer everywhere, but they have been out all over in the rain. Last night in the middle of a short down pour, my roommate saw a monster in the back yard kicking my 3D targets butt. There starting to get aggressive. I got home about 20 mins to late he said. I got home to 2 110" 8 points fighting over the left over peices, lol. That was fun to watch. Will be hunting tonight and tomorrow in the rain, and im looking forward to it.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

bushanic,

Not sure yet, I'm hoping either TA3, 6B, 17B, or 5A. I've got a couple, depends on what they open!

I have a treestand umbrella, I'm not really concerned about the rain, until it starts with thunder and lightning
Old 10-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

I might take one of my kids out Saturday evening on 17C. maybe they can get a doe seeing how I cant.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Crenshaw, Hoyt, and Bush--I bet one of you puts one down tomorrow.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Brett.

Good luck tmrw!
Old 10-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Well we came home empty handed. I will say this I just didnt think that anything would be up walking around at 1pm but sure enough walked up on one at 20yards but my son didnt stop moving before the deer saw us. that got his blood pumping. better luck next time I know where I will be the last week of October.

P.S no more rain please.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

my patience(sp) cost me today... 3 does come out and i couldnt hold back anylonger I took a 40 yard shot(rushed) and missed, well I looked up and broadside 25 yards in front of me was a nice 8, needless to say the thump spooked him and he was gone. serves me right i should have let the does go.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Brett.

It was a cold wet weekend. Saw two shooters but was unable to get them in close enough, my friend had one come in Friday night a few minutes too let and couldnt see his pins. Thats bowhunting. But it was a good weekend in the rain, the deer are starting to get really active on my properties.

Brett give me a call.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Went out Friday evening, during a break in the rain. Had a nice buck walk in, all alone. He never presented a quality shot. Saw loads of deer, including a big bodied 10-point in the field while driving towards my setup spot. On Saturday, I stayed in and planned Monday's hunts.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

Went out Saturday about 11:30am hoping the rain would slow down some. It really didn't so I decided to walk the property to see if I could see some sign. Hunting in Fairfax so I only had about ten acres to walk around but figured it would be perfect to take my time to see every corner of the property and then would be ready to come home. Around 1:00pm I had 4 does sneak downt the ridge behind me as I sat against the base of a tree. Didn't hear them at all (imagine that) and stood up when they were 30 yards behind me. They went back to the top of the ridge so I stayed in the creek bottom going the way they went. Never did see them again but I sat back down were I was hoping they would come back down the ridge and starting thinking there might be more deer moving. Decided to go up to the top of a ridge where the acorns had been dropping, sit down on the ground, and grunt a little bit. I noticed a couple of tree rubs on the top not far from a climber I have there and thought ok this should be allright. Just as I sat down I looked to my left and there was a spinly 6 pointer about 30 yards walking my way. We both saw each other at the same time, he spun around and went hightailing the way he came. I was happy to see 5 deer in the rain but hated the fact that I got busted by all of them. At least they shouldn't have smelled me and only spooked because of movement. Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until next weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.