Can anyone help me? >

Can anyone help me?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Can anyone help me?

Old 10-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Spike

Default Can anyone help me?

I was wondering if there are any books out there that discuss deer hunting in Florida. If not is there one book that is better than the rest or are they all pretty much the same? I'm also looking for a good field guide of the vegetation that is down here. I would appreciate any help.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

The problem with books on deer is that they are not written about deer IN Florida. Our deer just are not like those found in Michigan or Illinois. I think one of the best books out there that could help you is "Bowhunting pressured whitetails". Our terain is so varied that it also depends on where in the state you want to hunt. Our rut in the south zone is in August. A biologist told me that the rut for Florida coincides more with rain (it makes forage grow) than seasonal times. Any other questions and there are a lot of guys on here that connect even on the WMA's. I hope they chime in for you.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Spike

Thanks for the book recommendation will definitely take a look at that one. I’ve looked at a few books but like you said the deer and terrain are different down here, and all the books I’ve looked at are very general or discuss deer in states that are completely different than Florida. So I am just curious if there is one that has targeted or discussed Florida that is helpful.